PDA

View Full Version : Which next campaign development of these 2 would you prefer

Captain Kurt
August 1st, 2020, 07:55
So I'm ready to start another historical campaign and have two in mind. I'd like to see if you guys have a preference of one over the other.

The first is for a WWI campaign Eddie Rickenbacker "Fighting the Flying Circus" flying the Nieuport 28 and the Spad XIII against the wily Hun's fighters, reconn, balloons and trench strafing during the last 6 months of the war.

The second is a WWII campaign for VMF 323 Death Rattlers over Okinawa flying the F4U1-D against the IJAAF and IJNAF fighters, bombers and kamikazes as well as ground support for the Marines fighting to take the island.

Looking forward to your responses guys.

hertzie
August 1st, 2020, 08:11
I go for the WW1 campaign.

hertzie

Shadow Wolf 07
August 1st, 2020, 08:12
I always vote for the PTO.

Roxane-21
August 1st, 2020, 08:21
Since I assume we cannot have both, I vote for the WWI campaign. :wavey:

TheBookie
August 1st, 2020, 10:52
I always vote for the PTO.

PTO all the way.

TheBookie

glh
August 1st, 2020, 11:20
WW1 is cool and different.

stoney
August 1st, 2020, 11:21
WWI for sure!:wavey:

Finn
August 1st, 2020, 14:26
There is so incredibly little WW1 to get, against tons of Pacific campaigns, so my vote is for WW1.
Finn:redfire:

Rami
August 1st, 2020, 15:05
Kurt,

I would have to vote for the Great War option as well. :santahat:

Devildog73
August 1st, 2020, 17:09
WW I as well.

kdriver
August 1st, 2020, 17:42
WW1 because we presently have so few missions.

Ravenna
August 1st, 2020, 20:16
Hi Kurt,

Your Rickenbacker campaign suits me. I'm in the middle of a WWI 10 country UIRES screen set with new settings screens. This will make my earlier set for the RNAS and GNAS redundant ( no more plain backgrounds!)

What airfields are you using if you do this?

Captain Kurt
August 1st, 2020, 21:43
Ravenna,

I'd be making new airfields for the Rickenbacker campaign. At least these:

Villeneuve-les-Vertus Aerodrome, France
Epiez Aerodrome, France
Croix de Metz Aerodrome, Toul, France
Touquin Aerodrome, France
Saints Aerodrome, France(advance airfield at Coincy).
Rembercourt Aerodrome, France

Possibly also

Thiaucourt Aerodrome, France
Tichemont Aerodrome, France
Mars-la-Tour Aerodrome, France
Giraumont Aerodrome, France

Cody Coyote
August 2nd, 2020, 05:05
WWI please

blohmundvoss
August 2nd, 2020, 23:56
WWI please

What he said! Please:applause:

Cheers
BuV

Killer Svend
August 5th, 2020, 07:43
Definately NOT ww1, It's fighting in slow motion.
Killer Svend

bearcat241
August 5th, 2020, 09:30
Corsairs...kamikazes...Okinawa :gameon:Something Talon and I discussed once upon a time with great interest.

Shadow Wolf 07
August 5th, 2020, 09:40
Corsairs...kamikazes...Okinawa :gameon:Something Talon and I discussed once upon a time with great interest.

Sounds good to me... I need some time in the F4U.

Ravenna
August 5th, 2020, 16:48
Definately NOT ww1, It's fighting in slow motion.
Killer Svend

Killer Svend,
Set up the right way that's not necessarily true. Slower doesn't necessarily mean very slow. The slower speeds of Great War aircraft present particular problems for CS2 but having experimented with them in historically based scenarios I can say that the sim presents interesting possibilities.

bearcat241
August 6th, 2020, 09:10
Sounds good to me... I need some time in the F4U.

Lee, IIRC you and i may have kicked that topic around a little also several years ago, yes?

TheBookie
August 6th, 2020, 16:38

Bearcat

Talon switched to doing a Corsair Campaign in the Solomons starting in August 1943 but never did much of it.

TheBookie

bearcat241
August 6th, 2020, 21:58
Talon switched to doing a Corsair Campaign in the Solomons starting in August 1943 but never did much of it

Talon and i were regular email pals. We discussed a lot of his projects, finished and otherwise - including his Solomons work - and collaborated on his 'AVG' camp, as well his 'Red Star' work when he got that Korea air war "itch" :adoration:. I think i knew him personally about as well as one could in online communication, apart from this sim stuff.

bearcat241
August 7th, 2020, 10:23
Lee, IIRC you and i may have kicked that topic around a little also several years ago, yes?

Sorry about the mix up Greg...:very_drunk:

Captain Kurt
August 7th, 2020, 10:39
It seems the thread has gotten a bit off topic but so far it's 11 for Rickenbacker and 5 for VMF 323.

With that in mind I am going ahead with the Rickenbacker campaign. That will be done so it could integrate into an Aerocrate install. I plan on a USAS UIRES in the Aerocrate style, new airfields in the St. Mihiel area, a little extra scenery, and some additional relevant aircraft with appropriate camouflage paints. Should be somewhere around 25 to 30 missions.

Don't despair you Marine Corsair guys. I won't forget about VMF 323 in the future though. I have a great book with a day by day account of their actions that is too good to forget about.

Stevo4557
August 7th, 2020, 21:04
okinawa for sure