PDA

View Full Version : Niagra Falls

jackryan172
July 21st, 2020, 05:45
Hi,

In my never ending quest for old scenery packages;

Apparently there was a package for Niagara Falls in the SDK from Microsoft. Does anybody have that package or know where I could find it?

Thanks,
Sean

Mick
July 21st, 2020, 07:10
There is a pair of sub-folders in the Terrain SDK, in the Samples folder, for Niagara Falls and Niagara Falls With Seasons.

A quick peek at the documents didn't reveal anything at all about how to use them or how to turn them into something you can use. They are not sceneries that can just be installed and activated in the usual way.

jackryan172
July 21st, 2020, 07:56
There is a pair of sub-folders in the Terrain SDK, in the Samples folder, for Niagara Falls and Niagara Falls With Seasons.

A quick peek at the documents didn't reveal anything at all about how to use them or how to turn them into something you can use. They are not sceneries that can just be installed and activated in the usual way.

Well huh. Thanks for the info. I was flying around the area and noticed my install looked a little wonky and so I do what I always do, look for an upgrade! Google search leb me to the Niagara info.

Sean

wolfebee89
July 21st, 2020, 13:12
Well huh. Thanks for the info. I was flying around the area and noticed my install looked a little wonky and so I do what I always do, look for an upgrade! Google search leb me to the Niagara info.

Sean

If you need to upgrade Niagara area, may I suggest Flight Ontario's Toronto Scenery, which includes an entirely re-modeled Niagara Falls and Escarpment alongside VFR objects in the area, and with mesh terrain adjustments/flattens and all photoreal complete all-seasonal textures with complete autogen, notwithstanding the Ontario Landclass to supplement the scenery outside the golden horseshoe area (Hamilton photo scenery also recommended from the same team - completes the Southern Ontario experience); Ultimate terrain Canada is recommended, but the scenery also works well without it.

jackryan172
July 21st, 2020, 18:44
If you need to upgrade Niagara area, may I suggest Flight Ontario's Toronto Scenery, which includes an entirely re-modeled Niagara Falls and Escarpment alongside VFR objects in the area, and with mesh terrain adjustments/flattens and all photoreal complete all-seasonal textures with complete autogen, notwithstanding the Ontario Landclass to supplement the scenery outside the golden horseshoe area (Hamilton photo scenery also recommended from the same team - completes the Southern Ontario experience); Ultimate terrain Canada is recommended, but the scenery also works well without it.

Wow, that was awesome, Thank you Wolfbee!!! I am very impressed. New Screenshots to follow for the area!!!

jrbirdman
July 28th, 2020, 21:34

Is that freeware?

Motormouse
July 29th, 2020, 01:55
Is that freeware?

Flight Ontario stuff... absolutely; see for yourself...

http://www.flightontario.com/

ttfn

Pete