PDA

View Full Version : POSTED: Extensive B-25 Tweak Pack

Tango_Romeo
February 27th, 2009, 10:25
I've just uploaded a very extensive tweak pack for all four of the TR_ B-25s:

- The new prop BMP included is for ALL VERSIONS. It's a simple drop-in replacement for the Texture folder of each
aircraft. :engel016:

- The Dragon, PBJ and Russian folders contain new MDL files for each of those aircraft. These feature an improved
resolution instrument panel in the VC. :engel016:

- The 25C folder contains an improved MDL file as described above, and two new texture improvements. The Doolittle
subfolder (mostly for rivet-counters) contains new fuselage textures for Hari-Kari-Er on the Doolittle Raid....correct windows and tail number
with name over-painted. The RAAFstormbird subfolder contains a set of textures and a CFG file that add a new skin, RAAF #2 Squadron**. :engel016::engel016::engel016:

Should be available sometime tomorrow. :kilroy:

** Ravenna will have an an orgasm! :costumes:

hellcat44
February 27th, 2009, 10:29
Bet you didn't pay the girls overtime.
Thanks TR for a great pane.

Shadow Wolf 07
February 27th, 2009, 11:14
Thanks!

Rami
February 27th, 2009, 12:18
Tango,

Thank you so much! :ernae:

Tango_Romeo
February 27th, 2009, 14:30
The RAAFstormbird subfolder contains a set of textures and a CFG file that add a new skin, RAAF #2 Squadron**.

...Sopwith insists on spoiling him. :ernae: :friday::sleep:

Ravenna
February 27th, 2009, 16:16
The RAAFstormbird subfolder contains a set of textures and a CFG file that add a new skin, RAAF #2 Squadron**. :engel016::engel016::engel016:

Should be available sometime tomorrow. :kilroy:

come now! (or, alternatively)... "I've never been any good at Japanese paper folding.":rapture:

Wulf190
February 27th, 2009, 16:42
- The Dragon, PBJ and Russian folders contain new MDL files for each of those aircraft. These feature an improved
resolution instrument panel in the VC.

Does that mean a DVC?

Tango_Romeo
February 27th, 2009, 17:41
Does that mean a DVC?

...it is what it is: hi-res VC

I know, I know...you hate me. :kiss:

Tango_Romeo
February 27th, 2009, 17:45
come now! (or, alternatively)... "I've never been any good at Japanese paper folding.":rapture:

** Ravvy will probably have an origami. :monkies:

Pen32Win
February 27th, 2009, 18:49
It just keeps getting better and better..... Bravo Boys, Bravo!!! :ernae:

BTW, TR, Check your e-mail. Another Breakthrough in an area we thought was going to be insirmountable.

Tango_Romeo
February 28th, 2009, 16:06
I left a required file out of the download, and one of the MDL files included is unshined. So I've just uploaded a FIX that should be available tomorrow.

This fix ZIP contains two files to correct errors in the 25tweaks upgrade package for Tango's B-25s:

- All four of the new models require the VCPANEL.BMP texture which was left out of every folder except the texture folder for the 25C/stormbird. So you can copy the BMP from the 25C/RAAFstormbird/texture.stormbird folder to the texture folder of all your B-25s, or wait for the fix package.

- The updated (but unshined) MDL file for the PBJ-1C was included in the package in error. The fix package contains the correctly shined MDL file for the PBJ-1C.

Thanks to Blue Devil for catching the problem and letting me know....:wave:

// I'm either getting too old for this crap, or this crap is getting too complicated...I'm not sure which. :faint:

Blue Devil
February 28th, 2009, 16:22
...The updated (but unshined) MDL file for the PBJ-1C was included in the package in error...

That's OK TR, ...

I'm using it as a B-25D, ...w/ flat green paint...

Sh*t grows roses...

Thanks TR.

Tango_Romeo
February 28th, 2009, 20:27
...I am creating a new version 2 of the original TR_B25C MDL file that will make repaints easy enough that even dummies-with-a-paintbrush like myself will be able to do a nice job...though I am uncertain that there is enough interest in this project to warrant the work. :typing:

It is unfortunate that when this project started there was no thought given to ease of repainting....just to making her look good in the quickest and dirtiest manner possible. That resulted in an aircraft that challenges the skills of pro skinners like Sopwith and Pen32...in fact it even gives them severe headaches. :faint:

The downside is that repaints done on ver 1 may not work well on ver 2, but that remains to be seen. :kilroy:

As you can see below, I'm getting close.....Oh, and please excuse the naked lady on the fuselage. She's a shameless hussy! :caked:

Pen32Win
February 28th, 2009, 22:04
Hey TR;

I consider the down side you're speaking of to be less than nil when looking at the long term. There are only a couple of hand fulls of skins, if that, right now and those can be adjusted with ease. There's still a whole lot of skinnin' left and this fix will make them a whole lot easier to do. Considering that there were nearly 4000 C and D models build, we've just scratched the surface of the possibilities.

Ravenna
February 28th, 2009, 22:08
...I am creating a new version 2 of the original TR_B25C MDL file that will make repaints easy enough that even dummies-with-a-paintbrush like myself will be able to do a nice job...though I am uncertain that there is enough interest in this project to warrant the work. :typing:

Surely you jest. Such a classy lady deserves a well stocked wardrobe.
(Hmmm, I think I used that line just before my marriage, going from boutique to boutique!)

Tango_Romeo
March 4th, 2009, 22:00
....it's happening. We're doing it.

There will be Version 2s of the C, Dragon and PBJ. Each will incorporate the cumulative improvements made over the course of development, have a DVC and will be remapped for ease of reskinning.

Thanks to Sopwith and Pen32 there are already a number of nice skins coming and other folks are kicking in as well.

Pen32 and BlueDevil are involved in panel, weps and AI performance testing, so that's underway.

So who's doing the campaign for the Air Apaches? :ernae:
Wait a minute....I'm the mission/campaign-builder here! No, that was before I got in the design business. :argue: