PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Ops Help Please?

teeps
February 27th, 2009, 08:42
Hi All,

I've asked this over on Avsim but I think Bill is a little busy, so I wondered if anyone here would be able to help.

Using MAAM's excellent Avenger and the included Carrier Operations gauge I have a problem illustrated by the shot below:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_tEmiZX-4bfU/SaTuPy0GDyI/AAAAAAAACh4/hlCURJCH4b4/s800/FS_-2009-feb-25-001.jpg

Instead of seeing USS Langley I have the words 'Zone Undefined' at the top of the gauge. Pushing the plus and minus buttons doesn't change anything, even though as far as I can tell the ini files are in the right place with the right contents. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Mark

dogknot
February 27th, 2009, 09:15
I just did a test with the ini files, dsd_arrester_zones.ini and dsd_catapult_zones.ini, to try and replicate what you have. After deleting the contents of the ini's I got the same output as your screenie..."Zone Undefined".

Two things come to mind that could be the cause. Either the content of the ini's are non-existent or the format is wrong/corrupt. Even a small unnoticed space in the wrong place will cause the info to be inactive.

I'd try a reinstall of the ini files and see if that helps.

Here are mine if you would like. They work. Just right-click and save, then rename: dsd_arrester_zones.ini and dsd_catapult_zones.ini

teeps
February 27th, 2009, 11:17
Hi Dogknot,

I really appreciate the help, but that didn't change it unfortunately. I am right in thinking the ini files go in the main gauges folder aren't I?

dogknot
February 27th, 2009, 11:58
Yes.
You should have in the FS main Gauges folder, a folder named "rcb-miljet" and its contents, dsd_arrester.gau, dsd_arrester_zones.ini, dsd_carrier_zones.gau, dsd_catapult.gau, and dsd_catapult_zones.ini......
also should be MAAM_TBM.gau, MAAM_TBMVC.gau (these previous two might be in the panel folder), COP_config.gau, COP_Sound.gau

The only other thing I can think of would be a typo in the panel.cfg

*I just got off of a private email conversation with a fellow that had basically the same problems (no carrier selections)......I sent as much info as possible regarding his problem, but he reloaded the entire MAAM pkg before I responded, and he was "fixed".

teeps
February 27th, 2009, 12:24
Again, thanks for your help Dogknot :)

I'll give a reinstall a try tomorrow and see if that sorts it.

teeps
February 28th, 2009, 03:35
Still no joy here :(

I reinstalled the Avenger package - no change.
I downloaded and installed a fresh zip file of the COP package by itself - no change.

I can't figure out what might be going wrong here at all.

dhasdell
February 28th, 2009, 03:45
This might be foolish question, but doesn't Carrier Ops use ArrCab rather than rcb? The cable zones will be the same (I think) but ArrCab won't catapult taildraggers.

teeps
February 28th, 2009, 03:47
I might be confusing my terminology. The Avenger comes with Carrier Operation Package v2.0 preconfigured, I'm not sure what ArrCab is?

dhasdell
February 28th, 2009, 07:04
No - it's me. I was confusing the Abacus Carrier Operations, which uses ArrCab as an alternative to Rcbcop and includes an Avenger, with the MAAM Avenger package.

teeps
February 28th, 2009, 09:58
I think I have it sorted. If I reload the aircraft once the mission starts it seems to initialise the gauge properly. Now I just need to learn to trap!

Thanks for the help and suggestions :)