PDA

View Full Version : Section8 F86 Landing Light Tweak

Aircanuck
June 20th, 2020, 10:58
Is it possible (using the A/C config file ) to lower the intensity of the landing lights. When there on they look like a couple of really bright snowballs ?!%$& :jump:

Regards.

FlyingsCool
June 20th, 2020, 13:28
I'm pretty sure the answer is you have to modify one of the light files? It seems very system dependent. I've replaced my light files a few times on different systems, but I never took notes on it. I'd look at the effect file and see what texture file it calls.

Aircanuck
June 20th, 2020, 14:41
I'm pretty sure the answer is you have to modify one of the light files? It seems very system dependent. I've replaced my light files a few times on different systems, but I never took notes on it. I'd look at the effect file and see what texture file it calls.

I'm hoping a tech savy simmer has this a/c in their hanger and is willing to look at the config folder to see if there is a solution to my concern.

Cheers for your thoughts

MrZippy
June 20th, 2020, 14:49
I'm hoping a tech savy simmer has this a/c in their hanger and is willing to look at the config folder to see if there is a solution to my concern.

Cheers for your thoughts

There is no adjustment in the aircraft.cfg that will adjust landing light brightness. Is there a landing light mentioned in the [lights] section? If not, then it's more than likely part of the model.

Aircanuck
June 20th, 2020, 14:59
Yes , landing lights are a line item in the config file .

MrZippy
June 20th, 2020, 16:57
Yes , landing lights are a line item in the config file .

If that's the case, then you may be able to substitute another landing light effect from your Effects file. It will take some trial and error to get it the way you want.

Aircanuck
June 20th, 2020, 17:52
Will give it a try ..

Cheers