PDA

View Full Version : KPVC Uploaded!

falcon409
June 15th, 2020, 09:54
I just finished uploading both versions of KPVC to the Warbirds Library.

Find the link to one of the two uploads HERE! (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=find&catid=-8&tabid=446)

nagpaw
June 15th, 2020, 10:13
Thanks! :applause:

FlyingsCool
June 15th, 2020, 10:13
Yay! :)

Thanks

I was just there yesterday, drove down, tho, biked around Provincetown and up to Race Point Beach/the Airport. Looks pretty much exactly as you rendered it, the terminal especially. I didn't bother to ask to go on the field (all sorts of TSA stuff and I figure when I fly there I'll check out more about the field).

AussieMan
June 15th, 2020, 16:26
Thanks Ed.

falcon409
June 15th, 2020, 19:07
I have been working on adding vegetation to the "AB" version of this airport. Unfortunately the Sim sees this area as void of any vegetation which is partly true since the airport lies just inland from the coast line and is mostly sand. However the area immediately around the airport does have trees and ground cover so I've added some just to remove the stark appearance. I also added a beacon that somehow shows in the full version but not this one. The trees are default scenery objects and therefore are not seasonal. . .in the winter they'll still be green as ever, just the nature of the beast. Adding them will only require a single bgl added to your airport scenery folder, no textures are required as they are already part of FSX or P3D. I'll upload this package as an update that can be used if you so desire

I will also add a brief readme to correct an omission from the list of credits in my original readme. The excellent ramp lights are the masterful work of Fr Bill Leaming who allowed me to use them in my sceneries several years ago when I had hit a dead end trying to find something that looked more realistic and worked with both FSX and P3D. The omission was only realized after the uploads were complete and I was on the road and unable to fix it. That has been corrected here and will be added to this next update as well.

p14u2nv
June 15th, 2020, 19:18
Thank you very much sir! As always, I'm looking forward to installing another one of your excellent sceneries.

downwind
June 16th, 2020, 03:27
Thanks for the P-town airport scenery, Ed. Populating the airports with aircraft and personnel makes a big difference, also. Very generous of you to share your skillful work.

falcon409
June 16th, 2020, 03:43
The Update for the AB Version has been uploaded.

FlyingsCool
June 16th, 2020, 07:27
I have been working on adding vegetation to the "AB" version of this airport. Unfortunately the Sim sees this area as void of any vegetation which is partly true since the airport lies just inland from the coast line and is mostly sand. However the area immediately around the airport does have trees and ground cover so I've added some just to remove the stark appearance. I also added a beacon that somehow shows in the full version but not this one. The trees are default scenery objects and therefore are not seasonal. . .in the winter they'll still be green as ever, just the nature of the beast. Adding them will only require a single bgl added to your airport scenery folder, no textures are required as they are already part of FSX or P3D. I'll upload this package as an update that can be used if you so desire

I will also add a brief readme to correct an omission from the list of credits in my original readme. The excellent ramp lights are the masterful work of Fr Bill Leaming who allowed me to use them in my sceneries several years ago when I had hit a dead end trying to find something that looked more realistic and worked with both FSX and P3D. The omission was only realized after the uploads were complete and I was on the road and unable to fix it. That has been corrected here and will be added to this next update as well.

Most of the trees surrounding the airport in general are all evergreens, so that's ok. Except for some brush and a few ornamental trees around the parking lot.

It really is a pretty cool airport. I can't wait to get back in the air and fly there for real :)
Just did another practice flight from KASH on Sunday night... Thanks for doing this :)

Think I'll fly there again tonight, switch to BOB and walk out to the beach for some sun :)