PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Config question

falcon409
June 8th, 2020, 10:54
I am enjoying Massimo Taccoli's Blackshape Prime that he recently released on flightsim dot com. I had to make a few adjustments to the contact points and the brake scale and I'm happy with the results but I have noticed one thing I'm not sure how to correct. Whether on grass or a hardened surface, it takes a lot of throttle to get it moving and stay moving. Is there an adjustment in the cfg file that can fix this?

MrZippy
June 8th, 2020, 11:04
There was a big discussion long ago at AVSIM about ground friction. Pete Dowson came up with a solution for it in FSUIPC.

https://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6151

falcon409
June 8th, 2020, 15:22
Thanks, I tried it out but honestly I didn't see any change at all. Also, I do have a Registered copy of FSUIPC.

Dev One
June 9th, 2020, 14:16
Using AFSD on this aircraft is very interesting, Massimo has set up an unusual propeller set of graphs where the efficiency of the prop is virtually zero at zero speed & low revs. Not only that but the engine sound seems to be higher in revs than one thinks. Never heard a Rotax in reality so that might be a misleading route to follow. So one does not get very much thrust until more than 40 HP is reached, after that it then accelerates very well.
I note also that the quadrant in the VC has a label for the handbrake, but the lever is on the instrument panel. I have added toe brakes at 50% & reduced table 1101 braking strength as an idea.
One other funny - throttle set to 55% gives rpm of 5500, and any increase of throttle does not change the rpm indication, but the sound does increase.
I would therefore say that ground friction is not a problem, its in the engine/prop parameters.
Is the prop a Constant speed unit? It has a very narrow pitch range (19 to 20°)
Keith