PDA

View Full Version : AI traffic

mustang51
February 26th, 2009, 14:29
About the only thing I fly in the sim is fast movers. Don't like those darn tube things getting in my way. I have read that the time for these things to fly can be set for something like 0100. Have tried to do this but being that I'm not very computer savy I never could figure it out.
Can anyone give me step by step instructions on just how this can be done? I will be very thankful if you could.
Bob

Desert Rat
February 26th, 2009, 14:35
easiest way, turn off collision detection and fly right through them, might even be fun. But seriously, just turn down the traffic density until they vanish. If you have add-on traffic, that would complicate things, depending on what you want to keep and the densities set for these addons. It may be that you need to learn TTools to customise traffic to your liking.

There is another option, remove the default traffic file, Traffic030528.bgl from the scenery/world/scenery folder, if it's just tubes you want rid of, there's a GA traffic file out there somewher to reinstate it after removing the stock file.

Jamie

Willy
February 26th, 2009, 15:37
For FS 1954 I just redid all the flights in the Traffic030528.bgl file to older & slower aircraft and replaced the default jets with propliners using yRoute and Travel Tools. Took a while to do it though as there's a heck of a lot of flights in the file.

Lionheart
February 26th, 2009, 16:08
For FS 1954 I just redid all the flights in the Traffic030528.bgl file to older & slower aircraft and replaced the default jets with propliners using yRoute and Travel Tools. Took a while to do it though as there's a heck of a lot of flights in the file.

Just change the planes only. :d

Open the main traffic bagel with TTools, take the airplanes.TXT file, open with Notepad, and copy/paste in the planes you wish to exchange over the jet liners.

Then recompile in TTools and Voila.. All your propliners.

You can also do the small planes as well, such as changing them to French Robins, etc.

Dont forget to make a copy of the main traffic bagel if you do this.. so you can backstep if needed.

Bill

mustang51
February 27th, 2009, 07:41
I think you may have misunderstood. I would like to see them parked, just not moving, like in grounded for an airshow.

Lionheart
February 27th, 2009, 09:23
Ahhh... yep.

That would be alot of editing.

To do it quickly, get Traffic Tools.. read up on how the strings are written in flight plans, (very easy).

Decompile the primary traffic bagel

then go into the 'flightplans.txt file' and locate your fave airports and rechange them to a day you never fly and at midnight. Reset their arrival times as well.

That would be alot of editing and you will need to do alot of calculations on the GMT times, making shifts in time on the arrival schedules. If the arrivals arent right, then issues start popping up with planes disappearing or just not showing up...

But its doable..

Maybe do just one airport and see how it goes from there.

Bill

mustang51
February 27th, 2009, 11:04
Thanks Bill...that's way beyond me....I'll just it be.

mustang51
February 28th, 2009, 10:13
Been thinking about this some more and so I pose this idea.
Could a small program or something be designed and placed within FS9 that would with the click of a buttom turn AI Traffic on or off? On being that they would move and fly and off would mean they would be parked and not move.
Just a thought...no LOL now.
Bob

Wing_Z
February 28th, 2009, 12:18
Well...you'd want to swap out the traffic files attaching to them.
One would have them fly, the other would have them sitting there.
In practice the latter is done by making them fly in the middle of the night when you're not watching.
This could be done with a batch file to do the swapping I suppose.