PDA

View Full Version : Pesky triangle in ModelconverterX

Cees Donker
May 6th, 2020, 02:02
Hello converterexperts,

https://i.postimg.cc/WzfFNCsG/2020-may-6-001.jpg (https://postimg.cc/p5zXk0hr)

I was working on the Karel Doorman and noticed this triangle. There was an attachpoint on that spot that I removed. Has anyone here encountered this before and know how to get rid of it?

:dizzy:

Cees

Postbaer61
May 6th, 2020, 02:16
Hello Cees,
Open the Hierarchy Editor and search for that part in scenegraph,
when the part is red highlighted then click Remove button, that delete the triangle file.

Ulrich

Cees Donker
May 6th, 2020, 03:18
Thank you! Great to have experts in this forum! The
Hierarchy Editor is the same as Hierarchy Viewer?

Cees

Postbaer61
May 6th, 2020, 03:47
Yes the button "Object Hierarchy" opens the Hierarchy Editor.

Cees Donker
May 6th, 2020, 03:52
I searched but the triangle wasn't highlighted at any moment. No cigar!

Cees

Postbaer61
May 6th, 2020, 04:03
If this was an animated attached effect, alternative you can open the attached object editor
and search for the effect that you have deleted and delete it here too if present.

Cees Donker
May 6th, 2020, 04:08
It was an attached library object. I removed that object and then there was this pesky triangle! :-)

Cees

DC1973
May 6th, 2020, 04:19
It was an attached library object. I removed that object and then there was this pesky triangle! :-)

Cees

Attached objects have to have a polygon for them to display, which is usually called an "empty", as although it is drawn it has no visibility or geometry. Although MCX can see it, it's worth compiling and checking in the simulator, as it probably will be invisible.

Postbaer61
May 6th, 2020, 04:21
It looks like the rest of an old effect file of the removed object.
That should actually be found in the Hierarchy Editor.
The Editor lists all the existing individual parts of the object.

Sadly I don't own this ship, so i can't have a look. Is it free avaible
anywhere?

Cees Donker
May 6th, 2020, 04:53
Sadly I don't own this ship, so i can't have a look. Is it free avaible
anywhere?

Sure you can! PM me with your e-mail!

Cees

Cees Donker
May 6th, 2020, 04:55
Attached objects have to have a polygon for them to display, which is usually called an "empty", as although it is drawn it has no visibility or geometry. Although MCX can see it, it's worth compiling and checking in the simulator, as it probably will be invisible.
It is visible in the sim! Otherwise I'd let it rest.

Cees

gavinc
May 6th, 2020, 14:54
Cees,
If you can't find the triangle in MCX try viewing it in wireframe mode and then search thru the Hierarchy Editor for it. It is easier to see small parts get highlighted this way.

Gavin

Cees Donker
May 6th, 2020, 22:14
Thanks Ulrich (and Gavin and DC)! This was an important lesson to use 1.4 from now on. Version 1.3 can't solve this kind of problems.

:untroubled:

Cees

Postbaer61
May 7th, 2020, 01:35
HaHa, and I was wondering what you meant by hierarchy viewer. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon12.png