PDA

View Full Version : Flight Replicas B-24J "Pugnacious Princess Pat".zip

Bomber_12th
April 25th, 2020, 13:39
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/766915878309838888.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Warbird repaints

Description: This is a repaint only for the Flight Replicas B-24J Liberator. This repaint depicts the Consolidated Fort Worth built B-24J-65-CF 44-10579 'Pugnacious Princess Pat', assigned to the 566th BS, 389th BG, 2nd Air Division, 8th Air Force, known as 'The Sky Scorpions'. The aircraft was based at Hethel in Norwich, Norfolk, UK. The first crew to fly this aircraft in combat, led by its pilot 1st Lt. Albert Dexter, completed their full 35 missions, from July-November 1944, qualifying them to go home. The aircraft and its second crew were lost on November 26, 1944 when on a raid to Bieleford/Misburg, Germany. The aircraft took a direct hit by flak in the bomb bay and right wing section. Only 4 of the 10 man crew were able to escape.

This repaint is a tribute to all of those brave young men who flew and fought in 'Pugnacious Princess Pat'.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Flight Replicas B-24J "Pugnacious Princess Pat".zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=26622&catid=214)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

rohan
April 28th, 2020, 00:32
John,
wonderful work as always, but may I ask for a clarification on the download page for your files, please.

As I understand it, the textures need to be created differently between P3Dv4.4 and P3Dv5, so I would like to know which of these sim versions is the correct one for your repaint. If you could make this clear on the download page, it might help users who want to grab a copy of the repaint.

And I think it would be much better if the library categories were updated so that we had a "P3Dv3+P3Dv4" category and a new P3Dv5 category. Personally, I would have preferred to have split the categories into v3 and v4, but it is now far too late to make that practical.

Again, thanks for your work on this beautiful B-24 model from Mike,
best regards,
Ro
:applause: