PDA

View Full Version : How Do I get the landing Gear For my F8 2002 AN-12?

casey jones
April 18th, 2020, 11:22
How can I lower the landing gear for my 2002 AN-12 Russian Air
Transport, I have reviewed as many and tested a number of the
aircraft in FS2002 and their aircraftCFG file but I just don't
understand where it would tell me how to bring the landing gear
down and use it in FS2004, I remember a gentleman who did it
for the Convair B-36B from FS2000 to FS2002 but now I cannot
find his update patch. Thank you for any help in advance.

Casey Jones

Mick
April 19th, 2020, 05:16
Maybe there's a switch somewhere that you can't find, and I hope that's what it is. But remember that many FS2002 aircraft, if made with older modeling software, lose some of their animations in FS9 and nothing can be done about it. It's usually props that don't show up, but with some models it can be other animations like landing gear.

Motormouse
April 19th, 2020, 06:36
Knowing which person made the AN-12
would be a help, as some Russian panel designers
use the 'Project Tupolev' gauges, and the
interface program has to be set up first, it doesn't acknowledge standard FS key assignments.

Otherwise it's as Mick says, the developer didn't use GMax or FSDS2 at least to make the model.

Ttfn

Pete

normb
April 19th, 2020, 07:36
I grabbed an FS2002 AN-12 at FS.com. The landing gear works but, as Mick pointed out, the props have to sacrificed. When the model is first called up the screen that asks about disabling the features needs to be selected "No". To change it after installing I go into the fS9 config file and look for the model. There is a "1" or "0" after the model name. It needs to be changed from one to zero I think. THe real wizzes here can give you better instructions or alternatives. Nice model anyway.

NormB