PDA

View Full Version : SWS FSX F-4B Manual or Keyboard map

Duckie
April 11th, 2020, 15:33
I downloaded and installed it yesterday. However, it comes with no manuals that I could find, and the SWS web site Manuals page is “ missing/under construction. Problem is my default keys mapped to my control stick for basic flight controls don’t work, ie, no flaps, no landing gear, and, come to think of it none of the default combo keys work.

Does anyone have a copy of the keyboard map or key mapping and or a downloaded copy of the manual you would send me? Since SWS is discontinuing the FSX version and ending support for it I don’t know if they will repair their Manuals page or not.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

modelr
April 11th, 2020, 17:25
Duckie,

There is no downloadable manual, per se. You can copy/paste the manual from the web pages onsite. Click on the "Manuals" button on the main menu bar, then on the F-4B Banner. You can then scroll down the page to the individual settings/manual pages, and read them there, or copy/paste to your favorite text/doc program.

nagpaw
April 11th, 2020, 17:27
Thanks to SSW! I've been thinking about the F-4B/N package for a while, but wasn't sure my machine would run it adequately. Turns out...I was right! She sure does look nice, though. Maybe after I upgrade to a new machine in the near future I'll give her another go.

Now the real problem. I installed the package into FSX:Steam, and now FSUIPC is "gone." It's all still there in my Modules folder, but doesn't show up in the FSX menus. And my yoke, throttles, and pedals--all mapped using FSUIPC--aren't functioning. Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it? :sorrow: I figured on saving the .cfg file and reinstalling FSUIPC, but I'd like to hear from the community before I pull that trigger!

tgycgijoes
April 11th, 2020, 18:02
Thanks to SSW! I've been thinking about the F-4B/N package for a while, but wasn't sure my machine would run it adequately. Turns out...I was right! She sure does look nice, though. Maybe after I upgrade to a new machine in the near future I'll give her another go.

Now the real problem. I installed the package into FSX:Steam, and now FSUIPC is "gone." It's all still there in my Modules folder, but doesn't show up in the FSX menus. And my yoke, throttles, and pedals--all mapped using FSUIPC--aren't functioning. Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it? :sorrow: I figured on saving the .cfg file and reinstalling FSUIPC, but I'd like to hear from the community before I pull that trigger!

I have found that older downloads installer sometimes installs an older version or partially removes the module for FSUIPC. If they gave you a popup screen and you didn't see it you installed over yours. Just reinstall your original registered FSUIPC software and it should be back to normal.

nagpaw
April 11th, 2020, 18:41
Done...and all fixed. Thanks for the information! :loyal:

Duckie
April 11th, 2020, 20:01
Duckie,

There is no downloadable manual, per se. You can copy/paste the manual from the web pages onsite. Click on the "Manuals" button on the main menu bar, then on the F-4B Banner. You can then scroll down the page to the individual settings/manual pages, and read them there, or copy/paste to your favorite text/doc program.

Well, I would do that, as a matter of fact I tried that first thing, but as I said in my post, the manual section is missing on their website. But thanks anyway.