PDA

View Full Version : SWS Phantom F-4B/N is Free Now until April 12th

stovall
April 11th, 2020, 11:58
I am downloading the SWS Phantom II F-4B/N as I write. It says on the SWS website free until tomorrow. Go get it. Thanks SWS for the gift.

Jafo
April 11th, 2020, 15:45
Yep, got it last night....;)

Maury2008
April 12th, 2020, 01:22
great addon, but I can't find the manual and I can't set the flaps and activate the radar, the function of many switches is not intuitive, does anyone know where i can find some indication

Motormouse
April 12th, 2020, 02:16
manual is on-line at their own web-site

ttfn

Pete

Duckie
April 12th, 2020, 06:37
manual is on-line at their own web-site

ttfn

Pete

Nope. Not online. The manual link brings you right back to the main F-4 page with the message that this page is under construction and some content is missing.

stovall
April 12th, 2020, 06:57
The manual can be found HERE (https://simworksstudios.com/knowledge-base/manuals/f-4bn-phantom-ii.html#Aircraft_Manuals). Below setting is an array of topics with links to whatever you need. I copied and pasted the entire thing into a Word document and saved. Works just fine. Hope this helps.

Motormouse
April 12th, 2020, 07:58
great addon, but I can't find the manual and I can't set the flaps and activate the radar, the function of many switches is not intuitive, does anyone know where i can find some indication

If you do a forum search here, the answer to flaps, is set via the F5 thru F8 buttons on your keyboard.

Looks like they didn't model flaps switch into VC , and if you read the manual, radar needs Tacpack installed...however...be aware if it's like the real one, radar switches need to be set in rear cockpit. The front was just a repeater and LCOSS, so, if it's not turned on in back, it won't come on in front.

Ttfn

Pete

NOSNILMOT
April 12th, 2020, 08:34
Any idea how to open the payload manager ?

Maury2008
April 12th, 2020, 08:49
If you do a forum search here, the answer to flaps, is set via the F5 thru F8 buttons on your keyboard.

Looks like they didn't model flaps switch into VC , and if you read the manual, radar needs Tacpack installed...however...be aware if it's like the real one, radar switches need to be set in rear cockpit. The front was just a repeater and LCOSS, so, if it's not turned on in back, it won't come on in front.

Ttfn

Pete

thanks, now I understand, I had tried to set the flaps with the keyboard, but probably the speed was excessive, the radar is actually activated from the rear cockpit, in FSX however the internal lighting does not work

Motormouse
April 12th, 2020, 13:02
Any idea how to open the payload manager ?

It's in your 'views' menu

Ttfn

Pete

Motormouse
April 12th, 2020, 13:05
thanks, now I understand, I had tried to set the flaps with the keyboard, but probably the speed was excessive, the radar is actually activated from the rear cockpit, in FSX however the internal lighting does not work

135kts to 150kts or thereabouts IIRC is Flaps airspeed switch setting, been many years since I was a Phantom Phixer lol

Ttfn

Pete

NOSNILMOT
April 13th, 2020, 05:33
Pete - got it ! Thanks