PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a airfile tool

peperez
February 26th, 2009, 01:44
All tools avaiable need a existing airfile to work. You can not create one from a clean sheet. That's exactly what I'm looking. Do anyone knews one? Actually, the success stand by the airfile you are modifying, not a good way to assure your work effort.

Pepe

Paularx
February 26th, 2009, 01:56
Hello Peperez - If i am not mistaken you can create a new airfile from scratch using Jerry Beckwith's Flight Dynamics Work Book available at
http://www.mudpond.org/

It looks intimidating, but is actually relatively easy to use - have you tried it ?

Best of luck,

Paularx

edit - you need Microsoft Excel to use it though...

peperez
February 26th, 2009, 06:39
Hello Peperez - If i am not mistaken you can create a new airfile from scratch using Jerry Beckwith's Flight Dynamics Work Book available at
http://www.mudpond.org/

It looks intimidating, but is actually relatively easy to use - have you tried it ?

Best of luck,

Paularx

edit - you need Microsoft Excel to use it though...

Unhappily, you need a "donor", a airfile borrowed from other plane to be "updated" from Flight Dynamics Workbook. I used it to do my airfiles and, after that, I twicked the plane until I got the right performance. I tried Air Wrench but at almost all times a got a corrupted airfile with no pratical use, but even AirWrench needs an airfile to be "updated".

Cheers

Pepe

thicko
February 26th, 2009, 15:24
Peperez,
You should ask the experts here at the SOH Flight Dynamics Forum, especially for this current project. Sparks, who designed both Airwrench and Flight Dynamics Workbook System is very active there and I am sure would help. As far as I am aware, the FDWB will completely overwrite the donor Airfile, doing what you are asking for. The system needs this airfile for its base. I have always used a Stock CFS2 Airfile as a base for my new projects, like a single engine plane airfile for a fighter, a twin or 4 engine plane for the same type, etc. For the same plane in CFS3 I would use a CFS3 base file with the program. With this project I would sure ask Sparks about the mixed powerplant design and how to get it work properly.
Cheers Thicko

trasno
February 27th, 2009, 13:35
Hi Pepe

May be possible to take an existing airfile and using an available program to delete all entries? So doing this, teorically you would get a blank airfile... only an idea that just think about.

Trasno

peperez
February 27th, 2009, 15:27
Hi Pepe

May be possible to take an existing airfile and using an available program to delete all entries? So doing this, teorically you would get a blank airfile... only an idea that just think about.

Trasno

Unhappily, not!

peperez
February 27th, 2009, 15:31
Peperez,
You should ask the experts here at the SOH Flight Dynamics Forum, especially for this current project. Sparks, who designed both Airwrench and Flight Dynamics Workbook System is very active there and I am sure would help. As far as I am aware, the FDWB will completely overwrite the donor Airfile, doing what you are asking for. The system needs this airfile for its base. I have always used a Stock CFS2 Airfile as a base for my new projects, like a single engine plane airfile for a fighter, a twin or 4 engine plane for the same type, etc. For the same plane in CFS3 I would use a CFS3 base file with the program. With this project I would sure ask Sparks about the mixed powerplant design and how to get it work properly.
Cheers Thicko

It don't overwrite all entries and you need a healthy donor to get some success. I think we got something very near at the actual project. The only alternative is to turn it at a turboprop. There's a FS2000 SDK?

Cheers

Pepe