PDA

View Full Version : For SC, The Spot...???

Pen32Win
February 25th, 2009, 22:15
Any idea where this is mapped to SC? TR?

Tango_Romeo
February 25th, 2009, 22:39
Any idea where this is mapped to SC? TR?

....within the part that have been 'flipped'. They're inside out. You won't be able to fix it without getting into the FSC file.

I'll send you a new MDL file.:engel016:

Pen32Win
February 25th, 2009, 22:59
Thank You TR!

I see they're polys. Since I posted this I've zoomed in very very close and from the pattern of the speckles it almost looks to me like they're taking their mapping from a very large portion of the fuselage centered on the area just behind the Radio Room Window.

Now to find out they're flipped it makes sense.

I don't want to be a pain but this girl just looks a bit funny with that green zit on the end of her nose...:costumes: Thank you again.

BTW, this one'll need dental work too..LOL

Tango_Romeo
February 25th, 2009, 23:04
Those are four polygons in the form of an arrow that are in fact 'flipped'....this sometimes happens without any real explanation during the manipulation of parts. It wasn't noticed before because the flip side texture was the same color as the normal side.

HOWEVER, I have discovered that the two polygons forming the sharp point of the 'arrowhead' are mapped to the right side of the fuselage over the middle of the wing. The two polygons forming the upper or broad part of the 'arrowhead' are mapped to the left side of the fuselage directly over the wing.

To completely correct this for a repaint, I will have to fix the FSC file, produce a new MDL file and shine it. :kilroy:

Pen32Win
February 25th, 2009, 23:12
That confirms my thought. You see a Cross of grey wair mark specks right in that area.

Gmax does that too sometimes when working with double sided parts.

You may want to check that other poly that looks almost white in the S/S I posted. It's attached to the left side (facing it, right side of the Fuselage) of the Arrow.

No Rush, I can work on other portions of this skin while you're working on that. Lots of parts to paint in this skin. By far the most complex one I've tried to do.

:ernae:

Tango_Romeo
February 25th, 2009, 23:18
....do not have the 'white' polygon that your screenie is showing. That one is textured normally on mine.....and that's wierd.

Pen32Win
February 25th, 2009, 23:32
Yes it is. There's also another one just like it that extends down and right (facing it) from the point of the arrowhead. They don't look to be mapping the same as the polys next to them which follow the patten of the skin.