PDA

View Full Version : A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip

FooFighter7
March 31st, 2020, 11:46
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/264515856751195653.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: This is a repaint of the now freeware A2A WoP3 Curtiss P-40. These textures were created using TJ Stanley's (PilotTJ) "a2a_p40_shiny.zip" textures as a base.

This Curtiss P-40C Warhawk was restored in the scheme of a P-40 based at Chanute Field that was stripped of it’s olive drab camouflage paint and used as a personal ‘hack’ for base commanders. The aircraft is currently owned by The Fighter Collection (registered as G-CIIO) and is based in Duxford, England.

By FooFighter7

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit A2A P-40 The Fighter Collection.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=26516&catid=180)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

gray eagle
March 31st, 2020, 12:58
Thanks - awesome looking :encouragement:

FooFighter7
March 31st, 2020, 14:44
Thanks - awesome looking :encouragement:

Glad you like it! Couln't have done it without TJ Stanley's original textures. Now all we need is for someone to make textures of the FHCAM's P-40C and we'll be able to fly all the real-world airworthy P-40B/Cs in FSX!

MZee1960
March 31st, 2020, 19:37
Very nice paint, @FooFighter7. Thanks for bringing it to our virtual world.

.... Just one small detail, 'Sustineo Alas' below the crest appears backwards on both sides of AC if you look close up - I wonder if the stencils were just switched ?

FooFighter7
April 1st, 2020, 07:30
Very nice paint, @FooFighter7. Thanks for bringing it to our virtual world.

.... Just one small detail, 'Sustineo Alas' below the crest appears backwards on both sides of AC if you look close up - I wonder if the stencils were just switched ?

Damn!! When I was making it I noticed it on one side and when I went to change it I must have flipped the other one by accident. I'll flip em both the right way and reupload it later today. Good Catch MZee!

MZee1960
April 1st, 2020, 18:12
Damn!! When I was making it I noticed it on one side and when I went to change it I must have flipped the other one by accident. I'll flip em both the right way and reupload it later today. Good Catch MZee!

Thank-you, for the fix, @Foofighter7. It took me a while to see this 'backwards writing' thing , .... hard to notice from the VC when flying ....... and, if you're on the wing to notice it, then who's flying the plane ? :uncomfortableness:

This repaint quickly became my new screensaver.

FooFighter7
April 1st, 2020, 19:19
Thank-you, for the fix, @Foofighter7. It took me a while to see this 'backwards writing' thing , .... hard to notice from the VC when flying ....... and, if you're on the wing to notice it, then who's flying the plane ? :uncomfortableness:

This repaint quickly became my new screensaver.

Good to hear! The only other issue I encountered is that the APU Hobart is all shiny as well. It's the same way in TJ Stanley's original textures so I don't think there's a way to fix it. Luckily the APU is just eye candy so it's not much of an issue.