PDA

View Full Version : Adding Locations to Quick Combat

jedimasterkyle
February 25th, 2009, 12:52
So im curious if there is a way to include more locations in Quick Combat? I tried downloading a few of the Pacific Island maps in the download section but I have no idea how to edit them or how to install them so I was wondering if there is a really simple way to do it or if someone could explain to me HOW to install the files correctly.

Also, Ive been wanting to install some Zero's and P-40's to throw into the mix but I havent been able to get any luck. I downloaded a few of the AVH files but the files made the game crash instead.

Pat Pattle
February 25th, 2009, 22:53
So im curious if there is a way to include more locations in Quick Combat? I tried downloading a few of the Pacific Island maps in the download section but I have no idea how to edit them or how to install them so I was wondering if there is a really simple way to do it or if someone could explain to me HOW to install the files correctly.

Are you talking about the PTO install? To add more qclocations you need to add more airfields to your global layer. Get the SDK from the CFS3 Insider website, have a read through and if you;re still wanting to add some I'll show you how it's done.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs3/

Also, Ive been wanting to install some Zero's and P-40's to throw into the mix but I havent been able to get any luck. I downloaded a few of the AVH files but the files made the game crash instead.

The AvH files won't make the game crash unless you've installed them incrrectly, should just be a matter of unzipping the file outside of your cfs3 install and dragging the contents across. What did you do exactly?

Cheers,

Pat :)

flashgordon
February 26th, 2009, 00:56
It looks daunting at first but it is just a matter of following a set procedure and having bags of patience. Certainly does not need the wizadry of G-max - I can do it!!!

Remember that you should not revise the sim if you want to Multiplay or rather use Martin Wright's MultiCFS3 program from here:

http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm

to set up an independent install which you can revise to your hearts content.

Just post here if you need further help.