PDA

View Full Version : cfs2 slew mode help needed

dog1
February 25th, 2009, 03:50
How do you set up a windowed CFS2 while in slew mode ?the default key i have for slew is y but when i press the key the whole scenery goes into a violent spin !!
as for windowed mode i set up ctrl v to create a window but how do you eliminate the main view?
dog1

rhumbaflappy
February 25th, 2009, 03:56
Hi dog1.

The way to entered windowed mode ( desktop mode 0 rather than full screen ), is to use ALT+Enter.

It is possible that entering slew mode will spin if your controller ( joystick ) is not calibrated... so that it's '0' position isn't really at rest. The space key will level and north-orient your slew position.

Dick

dog1
February 25th, 2009, 05:08
slew
by pressing space the spining and aircraft stops and displays all the coordinates and height of that position.
windowed mode
by pressing alt enter the drop down menu appears but there is no windowed mode in the list in views.when pressing the window key both modes full screen and the window created with ctrl v wether top down or the others in the view list minimize to desk top.
finally is the aircraft supposed to move forward in the windowed and slew mode?

dog1

bearcat241
February 25th, 2009, 09:23
Don't just rely on default keyboard assignments to handle everything perfect if you're running XP SP2/SP3 or Vista. Some assignments have to be manually assigned first time or re-assigned from a default to a new keystroke or joystick button. For slew mode, this is especially the case. To move forward in slew, you'll find that some joysticks won't do the job anymore with these later, updated operating systems and the way that they interface with DirectX. I can use my stick twist rudder to rotate a bird left or right, but stick movement along the X and Y axis does nothing to move the bird. I had to re-assign lateral and forward/backward (X & Y) to the numpad keys to get this.

dog1
February 25th, 2009, 14:36
i have changed slew mode assignement to scroll lock key and set up a window with ctr lv but same result i attach image .
1)is aircraft supposed to move forward in slew mode?
2)how do you switch cfs2 to windowed mode and keep the slew window open on desk top?
the purpose is to use the slew window together with a desk top tool
dog1

bearcat241
February 25th, 2009, 17:20
It moves forward in slew mode when you use the correct key, whatever that may be for you. As for these mini-windows you seek, i can't answer that...i don't use them.

Jean Bomber
February 25th, 2009, 18:07
Hi all
I don't know exactly what is the issue :spider: alt + enter to reduce the cfs2 and Simply with the mouse :costum: like in the pics you can open severals windows as you need and reduce as you want the size of the main cfs2 window.
I never use my joystick to use this functions ,that seems too complex...

JP

dog1
February 25th, 2009, 21:08
JB Bearcat

Below is image of slew mode in reduced window,how do i now minimize the cfs2 sim to desktop without reducing the slew window? the reason is because i have to activate in desktop the rumbaflappy tool for elevation reading while in slew mode and moving to take readings.JB you know what i am talking about,you have the tool.
dog1

dog1
February 26th, 2009, 01:01
JB Bearcat

this is what i was trying to get to finally in these 2 images.Into slew mode reduce the size of cfs2 by dragging screen with mouse then top down view with alt enter and finally activating tool for readings and control slew mode with pause and y.
dog1

bearcat241
February 26th, 2009, 06:58
Rgr that...glad you got it sorted. I don't use the reduced windows and hardly ever go into window mode 'cuz i don't have the need much, so i couldn't respond to your questions about manipulating that. I do use the slew function a lot so that's all i could give ya.