PDA

View Full Version : Cargo plane help

joe bob
December 21st, 2019, 09:29
I am considering purchasing a cargo plane download.
The Jusflight C-46 and the aeroplane heaven C-119 appeal to me the most

The one thing about the C-46 that gives me pause is I recall an issue with the FDE that seemed to have JF stumped.
I can't remember what that was specifically, does anyone know if it was fixed?
Any opinions on the C-119 or HS 748?

thanks JB

tgycgijoes
December 21st, 2019, 11:42
I don't know about the payware planes not having them but I have the latest native FSX/P3D Rick Piper HS748 and as freeware I really like it a lot. You can find a couple different downloads of it with tons of repaints included. Try that before you spend money IMHO since you are not decided on one particular aircraft. Just Google HS748. I just looked at JF's HS748. I don't know if I would spend $22.79USD even as a sale price for it from what I saw in the video reviews over the freeware one. Even though their description lists a lot of features.

I have a lot of Carenado, Virtuacol and Virtavia payware so I am not "too cheap" to buy payware if it is impressive and fully functional. I would like to hear from someone who HAS the JF HS748 since its been out since 2016 according to what I saw online and compare it with Rick Piper's freeware version before buying the JF HS748. As far as the other two aircraft I believe there are freeware ones of them too to compare it with. I have been flying Just Flight since the early FS9 days so I respect them as a good company and have always gotten very fast replies from the customer service.

sp762
December 21st, 2019, 14:33
The C119 is awesome. Nice model, and flies by the numbers. No connection to AH other than as a customer.

jeansy
December 21st, 2019, 20:04
Having all 3

The boxcar is the pick of the bunch

The comments on the JF forums will support the shortfalls in the other 2 models

joe bob
December 21st, 2019, 23:09
Thanks guys. I believe I will go with the C-119 if I can find civilian paints for it.

I did have a huge amount of hours in Rick Pipers HS 748 in FS9 Probably more than any other freeware and a good portion of my payware.

I was eager to try it out when it was ported over to FSX but it had some weird issues with transparency and mirror like textures in some spots of the VC if I remember correctly.
The way I remember it, Rick did not feel like messing with it any further.
That was pretty early on in FSX so it may have later changed, or I could have remembered it incorrectly.

I just could not get past that and enjoy it like I had in FS9
Man, in it's prime though, I really had some fun running up and down the Aleutian chain from Anchorage to Dutch Harbor and many stops in between.
Some truly challenging visibility and surface winds on most of those flights.

sp762
December 21st, 2019, 23:37
There’s a decent paint kit, so no reason not to do your own!

paul day
December 21st, 2019, 23:55
If you are going to buy the AH Fairchild C119, the Flightsim.com store has 30% discount off so it is $21.00.

Regards Paul Day.