PDA

View Full Version : Firefighters killed

AussieMan
December 19th, 2019, 14:12
Sad news has emerged overnight of the death of 2 firefighter when their truck rolled while fighting the Green Wattle Creek fire. The accident happened not far from where 2 firefighters were badly burned when their crew was overrun by the same fire earlier in the day. They were intubated and placed in induced comas and flown to Concord hospital while a third crew member was taken to Liverpool hospital.

A tragic day indeed for our fire heroes. R.I.P.

TARPSBird
December 19th, 2019, 16:15
Hand Salute and RIP. :australia:

wombat666
December 19th, 2019, 20:55
And we should add that they were VOLUNTEER fire fighters!
Meanwhile Gladys is spending A$800 Million o a bloody football stadium.......:banghead:
The comment made very recently that this would buy at least five up to date Fire Bombers is resonating around the country, let alone NSW.

sp762
December 20th, 2019, 00:10
Just think. If Australia built 11 submarines, instead of 12. That would save $4bn. Four Billion Dollars buys a lot of fire tankers.

I reckon you could probably buy some prevention as well as some cure, but apparently I’m a radical greenie for suggesting that we actually try to prevent the planet from catching fire, so we’ll just leave it there.

huub vink
December 20th, 2019, 00:29
Very sad news. My thoughts go to those who stay behind.

Huub

Daveroo
December 20th, 2019, 11:20
my thoughts and prayers to the victims families.

Daveroo
December 20th, 2019, 11:28
https://wildfiretoday.com/2019/12/20/firefighters-killed-in-new-south-wales-identified/

here is an interesting story on the men and and their families.may they rest in peace