PDA

View Full Version : ADEX load-up problem

ian elliot
December 2nd, 2019, 23:32
Before i battle my way through the FSDeveloper ADE support forums, just wonder'd if any fellow ADEX user's have encounter'd this warning during start-up---

PS, program is run as Administrator, and ive check'd in Properties/security to check all users have access :wavey:

Duckie
December 3rd, 2019, 05:43
Ian, I’ve not had that problem with ADEX but I have had similar problems with other programs. In my case it turns out that the file settings for the program in question had somehow been set to “read only”. It prevented me from opening or modifying any files. I got a similar warning about not have authority to open and should contact a system admin for access. However, this warning came from Windows not the app. I had to reset the read only property, save and reload the program.

Don’t know that this is what’s happening with you but thought I’d throw it out there.

Steve

Priller
December 3rd, 2019, 06:48
Try changing the properties of the ADE exe file so that it will "run as an administrator".

Priller

ian elliot
December 3rd, 2019, 10:26
Thanks guys. I try'd both, and its working fine now, i dont know how i did it but one of the essential file's in Appdate/roaming was in hidden mode, all fixed now :ernaehrung004:

Duckie
December 3rd, 2019, 15:20
Glad you got it sorted Ian. :encouragement: