PDA

View Full Version : GAS Stearman Airmail Re-enactment - Video

Bruce66
September 29th, 2019, 20:05
This is a re-enactment of the first American commercial airmail flight from Pasco, WA to Elko, NV on April 6, 1926.

I have used the Stearman for this flight, not only because it is a wonderful model, but also because it is quite similar to the Swallow biplane that was actually used (but which I could not find for FSX).

I have edited the 5 and a half hour flight down considerably:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0C8tkuM3ao

Hope you enjoy!

TuFun
October 2nd, 2019, 02:05
Cool video! GAS has a freeware stearman with cockpit gauges and I did a movie version of the U.S. Air Mail bird flown by Superman.

Bruce66
October 3rd, 2019, 02:57
Cool video! GAS has a freeware stearman with cockpit gauges and I did a movie version of the U.S. Air Mail bird flown by Superman.

Oh that looks good!

I don't know why I did not see that on their web site. I got the Gypsy Moth from there but I did not spot a Stearman in the free section. Although I came across several forum posts about an airmail Stearman....

I am not disappointed though - the Super Stearman package is brilliant!

Spad54
October 4th, 2019, 07:20
Oh that looks good!

I don't know why I did not see that on their web site. I got the Gypsy Moth from there but I did not spot a Stearman in the free section. Although I came across several forum posts about an airmail Stearman....

I am not disappointed though - the Super Stearman package is brilliant!

Glad you are enjoying the Super Stearman, We intentionally did not list it as a freeware on our site as not to compete with the payware version. The freeware AG Stearman was a gift to the SOH community and remains available on the SOH file library FTP page.

Bruce66
October 5th, 2019, 04:47
Glad you are enjoying the Super Stearman, We intentionally did not list it as a freeware on our site as not to compete with the payware version. The freeware AG Stearman was a gift to the SOH community and remains available on the SOH file library FTP page.

Ah! I see it there now! And thanks!

If I am not mistaken the freeware duster is included in the Super Stearman package (?) so no need for me to download and install again. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

But the Airmail repaint - where can I find that? Or is it a private skin....

No biggy since the video is already made and I wouldn't redo it for a skin change.....just curious.

gray eagle
October 5th, 2019, 07:05

If I am not mistaken the freeware duster is included in the Super Stearman package (?) so no need for me to download and install again. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

No biggy since the video is already made and I wouldn't redo it for a skin change.....just curious.

Hi .

You can get that email from here (scroll to almost bottom) if that is the one you are interested in.......

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=184&sort=d&page=2&pp=20

Bruce66
October 5th, 2019, 10:43
Hi .

You can get that email from here (scroll to almost bottom) if that is the one you are interested in.......

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=184&sort=d&page=2&pp=20

Thanks for that Gray Eagle!

I have no luck (or patience!) searching in the library...I rarely find what I start looking for and end up going down some dark but interesting alley - seeing things I want and researching histories etc - I am really quite hopeless when it comes to concentration!

Spad54
October 5th, 2019, 12:04

The freeware duster is not the same as the payware version. There some enhancements. If I recall though I think it used the same texture maps as the free one

TuFun
October 5th, 2019, 13:29

It's available here if you still want the US AIR MAIL paint.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=25349&catid=184

gray eagle
October 5th, 2019, 16:24
It's available here if you still want the US AIR MAIL paint.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=25349&catid=184

Ted,

See my #6. I've already fixed him up with the link. He emailed me that he's D/L it.

TuFun
October 5th, 2019, 16:33
Ted,

See my #6. I've already fixed him up with the link. He emailed me that he's D/L it.

He stated he didn't want to look around so I gave him a direct link without scrolling. :adoration:

Bruce66
October 5th, 2019, 20:49
Thanks guys!

It's brilliant that everyone is so helpful here!

Love that repaint TuFun!