PDA

View Full Version : I have a stupid question

Daveroo
September 17th, 2019, 08:13
yet again Daves going to ask a dumb question,but with a full install of P3D,do you have to be online to fly?..same for Xplane. my internet speeds are around 4 to 5 mbps max,i pay for min of 12mbps,but with interference here in the marina,4 to 5 is the best.though i can do downloads at 2 am and get 15-20 mbps,im just not awake then,steam with do them auto at those times..but ya know....:dizzy:

my new pc is pretty awesome and im itchin to start over.

Dangerous Beans
September 17th, 2019, 08:46
No you don't for either Dave, you will only need to be online to activate them the first time you run them.

Daveroo
September 17th, 2019, 11:52
thanks dangerous,i thought that was it,but i just couldnt remember...lol.

Daube
September 17th, 2019, 12:55
I agree about P3D.
You only need to be online during install and activation, and that's all.
For XPlane however, that one will frequently ask you to confirm your registration. For example, after installing some addons, or when you update the sim version etc... For me, this happens once every few weeks, for example.

wombat666
September 17th, 2019, 18:30
There are no 'stupid questions' Dave, only stupid answers, which do not live here at the Outhouse. :encouragement:.

b52bob
September 18th, 2019, 05:41
I agree about P3D.
You only need to be online during install and activation, and that's all.
For XPlane however, that one will frequently ask you to confirm your registration. For example, after installing some addons, or when you update the sim version etc... For me, this happens once every few weeks, for example.
I have the Steam version and have never had to enter an activation code. However, Steam does check each time you run it when you’re on the net but you can also use it offline with no problems also.

i think there are some differences between the Steam version and the Laminar version but I don’t really know what they are.

rohan
September 18th, 2019, 06:31
"I have the Steam version and have never had to enter an activation code. However, Steam does check each time you run it when you’re on the net but you can also use it offline with no problems also."

Thank you for that essential clarification ... :encouragement:

Dangerous Beans
September 18th, 2019, 08:59
I have the non Steam version of XP11 and as Daube said it will occasionally ask you to reactivate it but I only seem to get that if I haven't flown it in a while.
It only takes a moment though so if it pops up you only need to go online for a minute and then you can disconnect again afterwards.