PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Darlington

Panther_99FS
September 1st, 2019, 07:44
I don't know if you saw the Xfinity race, but Allgaier showed some incredible car control!

eddie
September 1st, 2019, 09:01
Didn't see the race, but read about it. Good to hear Jr was there, especially after being in that plane crash!

Panther_99FS
September 1st, 2019, 16:45
Well....
I guess we'll hear more about that comment that Denny made about Asians & Kyle Larson.....

jamminjames
September 2nd, 2019, 06:08
Well....
I guess we'll hear more about that comment that Denny made about Asians & Kyle Larson..... Hadn't heard about this. What did he say?

PRB
September 2nd, 2019, 07:10
Marty Snyder went to a motor home to interview the drivers therein. Inside were Larson, Hamlin, and Stenhouse, playing video games. Marty said to Larson, “I’m shocked to see you playing video games!” To which Larson responded: “Is that an Asian joke”? Snyder, shocked, quickly explained “No! No! it’s just that you’re always playing video games”! Then Snyder asked Hamlin how his golf game was going. Hamlin said, “Not good. Larson is the best. Because he’s Asian!” Hamlin was clearly making a sarcastic remark about Larson’s Asian comment. I guess Larson was trying to be funny, but it was, at worst, an unkind response to Snyder. So, the only person who made a comment "about Asians", was Larson...

Panther_99FS
September 2nd, 2019, 07:31
I'm still 100% clueless about Asians and video games?

Panther_99FS
September 2nd, 2019, 07:31
What I did think was cool about the whole situation was that you 3 drivers of 3 different teams and 3 different manufacturers all chilling out in one place and relaxing playing video games.....

Panther_99FS
September 2nd, 2019, 07:33
On a side note, I was thinking last night that I somewhat miss the old rules with the big horsepower and small spoiler.......

Panther_99FS
September 2nd, 2019, 12:58
I'll let you guys make judgment here....
https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/monster-energy-nascar-cup-post-race-reactions/newman-on-contact-with-suarez-what-goes-around-comes-around/

jamminjames
September 2nd, 2019, 13:38
Thanks for the info. Guess I'm old, sounds kinda silly to me..

stansdds
September 3rd, 2019, 14:39
I missed all of the Xfinity race and only saw the opening and up to the competition caution of the Monster Energy Series race. Seems I have better things to do with my time these days.

Panther_99FS
September 4th, 2019, 20:26
From 2018...

wombat666
September 5th, 2019, 03:15

On a serious note, 'Professional' video gaming is a huge honey pot for the young teens in Asia.
I gather it's a worrying health issue (physical and mental) in South Korea and Taiwan, with Japan closing fast.
The last 'Tournament' I saw reported recently had a prize pool in the Millions............:banghead:
Just a ridiculous as the so-call 'E- Sports'.