PDA

View Full Version : Albon to replace Gasly at Red Bull from Belgium

Panther_99FS
August 12th, 2019, 04:36
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.albon-to-replace-gasly-at-red-bull-from-belgium.5f9BkwxuJ5TF86EPKqqwJa.html?fbclid=IwAR1aA 6D69sWcO9I0YRVxsBvFXQrkCSatpZ_RmphtjmxhqOSmvb3bGjQ lMc4

wombat666
August 12th, 2019, 04:44
Stupid move, Albon will be out of his depth, much the same as Gasly.
I hope I'm wrong but I (just me, myself) think Gasly is quicker.
Then again, it is RBR............................................... ...............................:173go1:

noddy
August 12th, 2019, 05:06
They have done it before, I do feel Gasly. RB should have given him till the end of the season, but Dr Marco wants success and Gasly has not performed to his full potential.

Ferry_vO
August 12th, 2019, 05:29
I think Pierre was in over his head, and the pressure got to him. Perhaps best that he takes a step down and have a bit less pressure.
With Albon they can now compare Gasly's performance to see if it was the driver or the car. Or maybe they saw that Albon's driving style just suits the Red Bull better.
So far he has had quite a good season.

wombat666
August 12th, 2019, 06:21
Gasly seems to going through the same loss of confidence and bad luck that plagued Daniil Kvyat a few years ago.
If there is any common sense at RBR a couple of seasons back with STR might be just what he needs to regain confidence.
Worked for Daniil.
:triumphant:

Panther_99FS
August 12th, 2019, 19:23
Not surprising at all really.....
If a team's drivers don't finish 1-2 then the "2" driver better keep his/her head on a management swivel....

And in a few races, Gasly wasn't even on the same track as Max - he was that far behind....

b52bob
August 13th, 2019, 05:45
Send him to Hass. God knows they need someone who doesn’t know how to crash into your team mate.

wombat666
August 13th, 2019, 06:12
They have done it before, I do feel Gasly. RB should have given him till the end of the season, but Dr Marco wants success and Gasly has not performed to his full potential.

Must be time to stick some longer and sharper pins into my Helmuth Marko doll.....................:anonymous: