PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back... After Years.. With a Question

PilatusTurbo
July 16th, 2019, 16:42
A question that a search availed nothing... Howdy SOH folks. Been a while....

Anyway, I was curious, after having gotten FSX SE going with some good stuff.

I have googled the crap outta this issue, and it's not earth shattering, but no addons or programs to add modeled taxiway light fixtures? In 2019? Nothing?

I found tutorials on how to model them, and a program to insert them manually, at each airport. Don't have that kinda time, now that I have a 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old set of boys. :)

ANyway, I look forward to catching up with anyone who might remember me. :)

Also, I have googled the heck out of FSX Tweaks and stuff, and have found the stuff here. If anyone has a magical "this is the best one" suggestion, please shoot it here. :)

Gotta add a screenie for some coolness. ORBX is awesome, but the FPS do hurt a wee bit here. :)http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70342&stc=1

FlyingsCool
July 17th, 2019, 11:48
I'm assuming you're asking if there are sources of airports with 3D modeled light fixtures?

I'm pretty sure you answered your own question, ORBX is a great start. Other payware airports as well, but I can't say which. Which airports do you care about?

Or are you asking if 3D models of lighting fixtures exist? But then you'd have to place them yourself, which you said you don't want to do.

Odie
July 17th, 2019, 12:48
Welcome back PT! :applause: Very nice screenshot! What a/c is that?

MrZippy
July 17th, 2019, 13:33
Welcome back PT! :applause: Very nice screenshot! What a/c is that?

Waco YMF-5 from Alabeo, maybe?:wavey:

PilatusTurbo
July 19th, 2019, 08:44
Yes, Alabeo YMF-5. Frame friendly and absolutely gorgeous and functional VC and everything.

Good to be back.

Thanks for the answers guys. I just got the FTX global airports pack after Monument Valley purchase. Amazing they did all those airports for free. Compiled I mean. :)

dhasdell
July 19th, 2019, 09:49
The only thing missing is a mounted bugler.