PDA

View Full Version : Shimmering

rich12545
February 22nd, 2009, 08:50
I'm getting the exact same problem with my new setup as with the old. Hopefully someone has an idea. It's this shimmering on buildings and ground textures. It looks like the screen has the creepy crawlies when flying. I thought with a different rig and older graphics the problem would be over but it's not. With the old, I was able to contain it for the most part with anti alias 8xs on enhancer. But now that setting lowers the fps so much the sim is unplayable.

My old setup was an athlon 2 gig with an a geforce 7600gt. I ran fs9. This system crashed and I got a different one.

My new is a p4 3 gig with a geforce 6200. I'm running cfs2 and fs7.

At this time I can't get a better power supply to run the 7600gt. Regardless, one would think there's another way to eliminate the shimmers but I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone have any ideas?

OBIO
February 22nd, 2009, 09:30
Do you have anti-aliasing turned on through the Video card AND the sim? I have read of some folks having issues with anti-aliasing turned on in both places.

Set your video card to use program driven anti-aliasing and let CFS2 handle the anti-aliasing and see if that makes a difference.

OBIO

rich12545
February 22nd, 2009, 09:42
I've tried that and it doesn't help. I guess I'm wondering if there's any way to solve the problem without anti alias.

Tango_Romeo
February 22nd, 2009, 10:29
...how about posting a screenie of your Settings options screen. :help:

bearcat241
February 22nd, 2009, 12:14
For my NVGF7600GS........

IN SIM:

Hardware (X means selected):

X Enable HW acceleration
X Trilinear Filtering
X Mip mapping
X AA
X T & L

Image Quality:

EVERYTHING MAXED

IN WINDOWS (USING THE NV SYSTRAY SETTINGS TOOLBOX):

Performance & Quality:

Image settings = Quality
AA = Application Controlled
AF = 4x-8x or App Controlled (i use 4x)

rich12545
February 22nd, 2009, 12:33
I'm not sure how to post a screen shot. But I changed to your settings bearcat. Checked the bottom two and it seems a bit better. I'll play around with it some more and see.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to snap the view forward when panning. The manual says ctrl-space but that doesn't work.

rich12545
February 22nd, 2009, 12:56
Not perfect but definitely better. Must be the t&l setting since that's the only thing I haven't tried.

And I figured out the snap thing.

Tango_Romeo
February 22nd, 2009, 13:17
...AA and T&L in CFS2 Settings. I find this eliminates many problems for me. Just a thought, but it works for our entire design team and has for years....and we all have vastly different hardware. :gossip:

rich12545
February 22nd, 2009, 13:23
What does T&L mean anyhow?

Tango_Romeo
February 22nd, 2009, 13:44
Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L)

This is an advanced hardware option that attempts to make better use of your video card to execute transformations and lighting effects. Performance may be improved, but your system may become unstable if your video card cannot support this option. If the game hangs or there is other instability, make sure to disable this option. :typing: