PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim vs Virtavia EA-6B Prowler: what's the differences?

Navy Chief
June 18th, 2019, 04:55
I have the Alphasim model, but not the "updated" Virtavia EA-6B. What, if anything, are the differences, if any? I did notice that virtually zero of the controls are clickable in either cockpit. Thanks, NC

delta_lima
June 18th, 2019, 12:19
Hi NC,

I have "it" - but it had been so long since I flew the "other" Prowler, and it being around the Alphasim -> Virtavia transition period, I can't recall what version of "it" I have.

Curiously, a few days ago, as part of tweaking the Razbam Prowler, I did drag it (straight from my FSX inactive folder, not a reinstall) to do a quick function check. As I recall, it had some limited VC switchability - with all of the 2D panels able to be called up and displaying mostly correctly.

Mind you, I was checking mostly to compare night lighting, so it was by no means an exhaustive review or comparison.

I'll take a bit deeper look tonight, and also confirm what version I bought. That's got to be almost a decade ago ... :dizzy:

fsafranek
June 18th, 2019, 15:20
Shouldn't be much difference since Alphasim and Virtavia are the same company, pre- and post-FSX.

Models sold under the Virtavia name were however recompiled per the FSX SDK rather than being just simple FS9 portovers.

So as I type this, yeah, I guess they are different.

Both used xml gauges so there shouldn't be any issues there, even in P3Dv4. And any repaint textures should work for both.
:ernaehrung004: