PDA

View Full Version : I uploaded a small surprise

peperez
February 21st, 2009, 16:55
It's an AF Scrubb plane that fills a gap and deserves some new skins...

Rami
February 21st, 2009, 17:30
Peperez,

Cool! I just took her out for a spin. :ernae:

Don't worry, I won't kiss-and-tell. :kiss:

Jagdflieger
February 21st, 2009, 18:44
Thanks Pepi. I'll be waiting to see what it is!

OBIO
February 22nd, 2009, 07:23
Thanks Pepe...have been wanting that plane for a long time. It is in the paint shop now...new panel lines under way.

OBIO

Rami
February 22nd, 2009, 07:40
Thanks Pepe...have been wanting that plane for a long time. It is in the paint shop now...new panel lines under way.

OBIO

That was a short retirement. :costumes:

Jagdflieger
February 22nd, 2009, 08:28
Thanks Pepe!

I've got to get my Spanish Civil War installation going again.

OBIO
February 22nd, 2009, 09:31
That was a short retirement. :costumes:

Yep...I am addicted to paint fumes too much to ever leave the paint shop for good.

OBIO

peperez
February 22nd, 2009, 10:00
Thanks Pepe!

I've got to get my Spanish Civil War installation going again.

AF Scrubb chosen the scheme used by a Spanish pilot that forced down an American P-38 that flew over Spanish Marroco at Operation Torch.

Cheers

Pepe

JapLance
February 22nd, 2009, 10:28
Beautiful plane and great model. Time to retire the old one by Icarus.

xavierb
February 22nd, 2009, 11:54
Thank you very much, Pepe. The He-112 was the replacement of the He-51 for the ground-attack specialized squadron of the Nationals air force. They fully appreciated the fine flight qualities and the punch of the cannons but also recognized that it was a bit underpowered.

On the historical incident, it did not just force down the P-38, Pepe. He shot it down, although the pilot survived. The plane fell just on the Spanish-French frontier of the Protectorade (French side, but so close that it was on sight of the Spanish frontier guards). A lot of diplomatic action from Spain was needed to avoid the incident to turn in something more serious. In fact, the day after a huge number of P-38's overflow defiantly the airdrome from which the He-112 had taken off. Wisely, they weren't shot at.

MAULET
February 22nd, 2009, 12:58
On the historical incident, it did not just force down the P-38, Pepe. He shot it down, although the pilot survived. The plane fell just on the Spanish-French frontier of the Protectorade (French side, but so close that it was on sight of the Spanish frontier guards). A lot of diplomatic action from Spain was needed to avoid the incident to turn in something more serious. In fact, the day after a huge number of P-38's overflow defiantly the airdrome from which the He-112 had taken off. Wisely, they weren't shot at.

Very good explanation of the facts, Xavier. ..

Is it true that the spit elliptical wings was inspired in the he-112 wings....?
Regards
Jose

PSULLYKEYS
February 22nd, 2009, 16:35
Very Nice Pepe! Thanks.