PDA

View Full Version : P3D settings and X-Plane

AussieMan
May 29th, 2019, 01:54
I read somewhere that you could import the P3D controls settings into X-Plane and use them as normal. If this can be done how do I do it and how does it effect the sim performance.

Daube
May 29th, 2019, 06:12
It can be done via a button in the control setup screens, I don't remember the exact name.
To be more precise, I think (I never tried it) that it's more like choosing a P3D-ish default mapping, instead of exactly importing your current P3D settings.

For the rest of your question, I don't see why importing a control setup would impact any performance ? It's just key and axis mappings, not graphic settings.

jymp
May 29th, 2019, 13:45
Do you mean it's possible to have the view settings buttons on a joystick the same as P3D ??, if so that's great, please tell how it's done.

Penzoil3
May 29th, 2019, 13:53
Settings - Keyboard, at the bottom it says -"reset key bindings to default for" and there's a pull down. Select FSX and it will import your settings. No effect what so ever on performance.
Sue

AussieMan
May 29th, 2019, 15:52
​Thanks Sue that is a great help. X-Plane is a bigger learning curve than any of the MSFS ever were.

IanHenry
May 30th, 2019, 00:01
Settings - Keyboard, at the bottom it says -"reset key bindings to default for" and there's a pull down. Select FSX and it will import your settings. No effect what so ever on performance.
Sue

That's great, thanks Sue. Setting up the controls in X-Plane has always been a problem for me, to many years of FSX & P3D I think!

Regards,
Ian

Naismith
May 30th, 2019, 09:51
Setting up the controls in X-Plane has always been a problem

Isn't it just! I have two modules of Saitek throttle controls. The levers are programmed in pairs throttle/throttle. prop/prop and mixture/mixture. and in turn are matched as 1&3/2&4 etc just in case a 4 engine a/c is used. (Have I lost y'all in my description?) XP won't allow this. And it has issues retaining settings of my VKB Gladiator joystick. I must get around to plugging in my Saitek Cessna Yoke but dread the onerous setting up of it.
I find the whole of XP clunky and it puts me off really getting into it... there are only so many hours in a day.