PDA

View Full Version : Nemeth CH-53

Navy Chief
May 8th, 2019, 19:08
Well, I was bound and determined to start this beast. You can find the quick start-up procedure at: %PROGRAMFILES%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\CH-53E\manual

And I DID manage to get the engines running, lights on, etc... Lifted off, but shortly thereafter the helo began losing altitude, no matter how much throttle (or whatever the helo term is).

There were warning lights lit up about Number 3 Generator being off line, and oil pressure low. Not sure what to do about all that. Guess it's time to go back to the manual, but I feel pretty good about getting this far!

Navy Chief

Daube
May 8th, 2019, 22:30
This is probably linked to the position of the main engine levers in the center of the overhead panel. You have to ensure all three are in the most forward position.
This can be a bit tricky, since if you click just one time too much, the lever will go back from "flight" to "cutoff", killing the engine immediately :/

Victory103
May 9th, 2019, 13:54
It is more painful then it needs to be. I checked I was running the updates from the ND site, but I'm sure the P3D edition had those applied. I also could not get the helo autopilot to function fully in this one. Cool, beast of a helo.

jeansy
May 9th, 2019, 23:22
It is more painful then it needs to be. I checked I was running the updates from the ND site, but I'm sure the P3D edition had those applied. I also could not get the helo autopilot to function fully in this one. Cool, beast of a helo.

Im Lazy i added a few lines to the cfg and just use cntl e to start it

Navy Chief
May 10th, 2019, 04:21
Im Lazy i added a few lines to the cfg and just use cntl e to start it

Er, would you consider sharing this convenient modification please? :encouragement: NC

Victory103
May 10th, 2019, 13:34
+1 for that as well. When I had more time to sim, I used to like to start cold/dark in helos, but only do that with the Cera H-60 now to see if I remember how to start it per real world.