PDA

View Full Version : New IL-86,now you can be Putin too

Motormouse
February 21st, 2009, 05:43
over at Avsim

File Description:
Ilyushin Il-86 model, featuring new visual model with custom animation, VC with self-illuminating gauges, very detailed panel with many sub-panels and real navigation complex and 3 liveries Aeroflot CCCP-86003, Ural Airlines RA-86120, Aeroflot-Don RA-86110.

Filename:il-86beta-2eng.zipLicense:Freeware, limited distributionAdded:20th February 2009Downloads:1218Author:Kirill Konovalov, VortexMX, Stepan GritsevskySize:29636kb

ttfn

Pete

Wing_Z
February 21st, 2009, 22:38
"Putin" aside the frisson of fear attached to running a Russian executable programme on my computer, I gave it a shot.
It consistently crashes my sim.
Haven't seen that in quite a while...

NRM
February 21st, 2009, 23:46
So this aircraft has a virus or bug?

Wing_Z
February 22nd, 2009, 01:18
So this aircraft has a virus or bug?
Err no...this from the readme:
Warning! The simulator must start from a 2d-panel, not VC, or the sim will crash, because of wrong panel initialisation!
What I didn't realise is that this also includes starting from spot view.
You must start in 2d panel view, then it works fine.
Interesting set of entry doors it has too!

huub vink
February 22nd, 2009, 11:10
Too many engines and no propellers, so not really my cup of tea, but nevertheless I thought it deserved a picture!

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=234168

grumpos
February 22nd, 2009, 14:27
Too many engines and no propellers, so not really my cup of tea, but nevertheless I thought it deserved a picture!

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=234168

I thought that it deserved a sticky. How come it didn't get one?

Best wishes
Steve P

Wing_Z
February 22nd, 2009, 15:41
Although quite pretty, it's definitely a beta version...
There I was, taxiing out for a screenshot, when I noticed that the throttle was somehow linked to the rudder pedals. You could see 'em move in the VC.
A bit more throttle, a bit more veer to the right.
Down the embankment, into a ditch, and off my HDD!