PDA

View Full Version : What happene to "This annoys me?

Helldiver
February 21st, 2009, 04:53
I was just about to reply to "This annoys me" and found out the thread is unexplained closed.
I wanted to say that we signed something that said you were willing to kill the enemy in the conduct of your duties. Them that didn't, were either put in the Medics or in the nut house.
As far as "deployment of duty". You were in until the war was over. It served as motivation to win the war. My Uncle Gordon was in the invasion of Africa, Sicily, Italy and D-day. He was wounded three times and the only time he got off was in a French hospital for a week.
We had one deserter in our town and he was shot out of his attic.
Yes, I would say things in the military are a lot different from WWII.
So apparently is censorship.

Rami
February 21st, 2009, 04:56
Helldiver,

Much respect to you and your family's military service.

We DO have a place for all of those discussions! As staff, we just respectfully ask that they be held at Oso's Outhouse. That's all. :rapture:
(http://quartermoonsaloon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)

Helldiver
February 21st, 2009, 05:10
Rami - You definitely must be from the liberal South Shore.:ernae:

Rami
February 21st, 2009, 05:11
Darn...did I blow my cover that easily? :redf: :monkies:

cheezyflier
February 21st, 2009, 05:42
Darn...did I blow my cover that easily? :redf: :monkies:

dude -
the celtics shirt is a dead give away. :gossip:

(forgive me, i couldn't resist)

Helldiver
February 21st, 2009, 05:54
I should have known. The Celtics tee shirt is a dead give away. On the North Shore we wear nothing but Marblehead Yacht Club shirts on the rare occasions when we do wear tee shirts.

Moparmike
February 21st, 2009, 06:24
HD,
The thread was closed because we've got to keep the peace among a very diverse group of flight-sim nuts from around the world.

Right-wing...left-wing...doesn't matter. A plane needs a wing on each side to fly. And this is a flight-sim site after all. :)

That topic is more than welcome to be discussed over at Oso's. But here, it's just one of those discussions that'll wind up turning into a flame-fest.

viking3
February 21st, 2009, 07:06
Right-wing...left-wing...doesn't matter. A plane needs a wing on each side to fly.

:amen:

I get in my virtual airplane to "slip the surly bonds of earth" and come here to find community with like-minded people, not to argue over our petty differences. I would hope people would find other venues to air their views, especially the the great igniters of politics and religion.
Just my humble 2 cents, thank you for listening, now back to our regularly scheduled programming.:ernae::ernae::friday:

Regards, Rob:ernae:

hey_moe
February 21st, 2009, 10:11
HD...the main reason we closed the thread is because we knew it would piss you off.....well.....did it:monkies:

Henry
February 21st, 2009, 10:20
:amen:

I get in my virtual airplane to "slip the surly bonds of earth" and come here to find community with like-minded people, not to argue over our petty differences. I would hope people would find other venues to air their views, especially the the great igniters of politics and religion.
Just my humble 2 cents, thank you for listening, now back to our regularly scheduled programming.:ernae::ernae::friday:

Regards, Rob:ernae:
and that is why we are all here
I have my personal views on both
but i do not bring them up here
this is not the place
i dont go to the grocery store to get my car worked on either
there is a place for everything
here it is flightsim related
for everyone in the world
regardless of where or who you are
at least thats my intention
H:kiss:

Toastmaker
February 21st, 2009, 10:33
Um. . just a minor little detail. . . Oso's has changed it's name to the QuarterMoon Saloon.

:welcome:

Henry
February 21st, 2009, 10:36
Um. . just a minor little detail. . . Oso's has changed it's name to the QuarterMoon Saloon.

Picky aint ya :engel016:
LOL
Good point
H

cheezyflier
February 21st, 2009, 11:02
HD...the main reason we closed the thread is because we knew it would piss you off.....well.....did it:monkies:

ahh.. it's sooo good to have friends!:costumes:

Moparmike
February 21st, 2009, 12:23

Well if yer gonna be real picky about it...it's the Oso's Outhouse forum hosted over at the Quarter Moon Saloon. :p:

Snuffy
February 21st, 2009, 12:25
Well if yer gonna be real picky about it...it's the Oso's Outhouse forum hosted over at the Quarter Moon Saloon. :p:

:help: If you want to get really really picky ... it could go in any number of forums over at the Quatermoon Saloon other than Oso's ... :wavey:

Henry
February 21st, 2009, 12:33
Jees this has turned picky :gossip:
H

yank51
February 21st, 2009, 12:45
There ya go Henry... You just can't please all the people all the time...lol:jump:

Willy
February 21st, 2009, 14:40
Just my two cents, but it should have went to the Current Events forum over at the Quartermoon Saloon.

And for the record I purposely stayed out of that thread as my views would have really stirred the pot.

Moparmike
February 21st, 2009, 20:53
Just my two cents, but it should have went to the Current Events forum over at the Quartermoon Saloon.

And now we're all bein picky! ROTF! :friday:Gotta love it!

Allen
February 21st, 2009, 21:18
Right-wing...left-wing...doesn't matter. A plane needs a wing on each side to fly.

Than there those confused Rotary Wing Aircrat that can't make up ther mind what wing they are tell the engine stops!:icon_lol:

Helldiver
February 22nd, 2009, 01:06
Mike - It's only another heartache that an old man has to take at the hands of his kids...
Go right ahead, I can take it.
:kiss: