PDA

View Full Version : EC47 Texture Updates

Duckie
April 9th, 2019, 08:49
Texture updates for all 5 of my EC47 repaints of MJ's EC47 have now been uploaded here and will be available for download once they have been approved.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68454&stc=1

Fireball6
April 9th, 2019, 12:11
Thank you so much for the updated textures - great work !!!!

All the Best

Dirk

gray eagle
April 9th, 2019, 13:36
Thanks, Steve
Awesome job....:encouragement:

Glad you included a readme as I took your suggestion to make a couple texture folders and copy/paste to the aircraft cfg entry for the two liveries I used.
At first, they didn't show in P3D V3 menu till I added a title to each livery and added propdisk.dds/C47_2_T_Spec.dds and texture.cfg
The model= entry is C47_2 -

https://i.postimg.cc/SNDWvnnF/must-go.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/KzPTrz6W/beep.jpg

WarHorse47
April 9th, 2019, 13:41
Thanks, Duckie.

Now for the obvious question.

The original EC47 repaints were out before Manfred released the EC47 model, so I need to change the "model=" entry from C47_2 to EC47??

gray eagle
April 9th, 2019, 16:09
This picture is after I changed the model entry to model EC47 - I don't see the difference from #3 ^. Some of the other liveries in the aircraft.cfg have model= (blank)
so I am a little confused.

https://i.postimg.cc/L52VqX4H/beep1.jpg

Duckie
April 9th, 2019, 16:46
Thanks, Duckie.

Now for the obvious question.

The original EC47 repaints were out before Manfred released the EC47 model, so I need to change the "model=" entry from C47_2 to EC47??

Hey WH, my "original" repaints depict EC 47s BUT, they are applied to C47s without the appropriate radar nose. Kinda like putting navy paint jobs on F-4Es, just not that drastic! So, yes, you will need to update the model to EC47 to get that new and appropriate radar nose. You might also want to check out the EC47 thread for additional instructions for the VC model correction. It's a couple pages down the FSX forum.

Steve

Thank you so much for the updated textures - great work !!!!

All the Best

Dirk

Thanks very much Dirk.

Duckie
April 9th, 2019, 17:21
This picture is after I changed the model entry to model EC47 - I don't see the difference from #3 ^. Some of the other liveries in the aircraft.cfg have model= (blank)
so I am a little

GE, not sure what your point is. Manfred's EC model is not the same as his C47 v3.x. The nose on the C47 model is short and stubby looking and is mapped just forward of the the left fuselage half from a head on view on that texture sheet. EC47 has a longer and more pointed nose (although not pointy by any means!). The new EC47 nose is mapped in halves and more or less attached to their respective fuselage halves on the texture sheet. My "original" EC47 repaints were just pretending to be "EC" versions because at the time I did these paints there was no true EC version with the radar nose.

I know that in FSX my unaltered textures will NOT work on MJ's new EC model because of the changes to the nose. I don't know about the other way round as I didn't test that.

As is stated in my readme, in order to use my EC texture updates you will need to have installed MJ's C47 v3, my "original" EC repaints, and his EC47 model update. The EC thread you posted was a great help to me in updating my model to the EC version. I did not include aircraft.cfg examples because my updates are textures and they don't change in the aircraft.cfg.

If if you can be more specific as to your issue with my textures I will try to assist.

Steve

EDIT:

look ok at the bottom of Beep Beep's nose in your first post. The EC update texture does NOT work with the C47_2 model. Compare the same area, bottom nose at the white / green demarc area with your second Beep Beep. That's the difference.

ejoiner
April 9th, 2019, 17:29
Hey WH, yes you will need to change the model to EC47. You probably ought to check out the EC47 thread for additional instructions for the VC model correction. It's a couple pages down.

Thanks very much Dirk.

One (minor) thing I did notice, which I found out in researching the EC-47, is that this bird had the navigators astrodome removed. It was replaced with a flat glass plate (plexiglass probably). The hole in the fuselage remained, but they streamlined the fuselage by removing the dome.

Duckie
April 9th, 2019, 17:32
One (minor) thing I did notice, which I found out in researching the EC-47, is that this bird had the navigators astrodome removed. It was replaced with a flat glass plate (plexiglass probably). The hole in the fuselage remained, but they streamlined the fuselage by removing the dome.

Eric, you're right there, antennas and mast arrangements, window curtains, etc, etc. But it's a lot closer than it was with the new nose. I'm happy.

Steve

WarHorse47
April 9th, 2019, 17:35
You might also want to check out the EC47 thread for additional instructions for the VC model correction. It's a couple pages down the FSX forum.
Thanks, Steve. All the EC-47 paints look great.

I tried looking up the VC model correction you mentioned, but haven't found it yet. I'm aware of the modern cockpit and texture mods, but am not sure about the correction. I'll keep looking, but a link would help.

Thanks again.

Duckie
April 9th, 2019, 17:40
Thanks, Steve. All the EC-47 paints look great.

I tried looking up the VC model correction you mentioned, but haven't found it yet. I'm aware of the modern cockpit and texture mods, but am not sure about the correction. I'll keep looking, but a link would help.

Thanks again.

WH look in the discussion thread for MJ's EC model in the FSX library here. It's covered there. There was a small SNAFU in the update and the discussions correct the interior model entry not the VC. My mistake. Sorry.

Steve

WarHorse47
April 9th, 2019, 17:50
WH look in the discussion thread for MJ's EC model in the FSX library here. It's covered there. There was a small SNAFU in the update and the discussions correct the interior model entry not the VC. My mistake. Sorry.

SteveAh. Got that covered. Thanks. :encouragement:

Sheesh. There sure are a lot of textures in the library. :dizzy: