PDA

View Full Version : Beta 2 Aeronca Prepared V4.4

Thomas J Wood
April 4th, 2019, 19:36
One of the beta testers has posted the latest beta in 3d prepared.
I saw it and thought you guys would like to see the first Close to finished version for Prepard3d V4.4
I still need to set up rain effects and adjust the new textures you asked for and plunk in the new pilot but its getting there. Each model will get a vc that is just for it and will look different, this is a rougher looking one but I have others that are all fancy and shiney too...lol! :biggrin-new:

Let me know what you think so far.:untroubled:

https://youtu.be/HyzEm0cJZ-g

Thomas J Wood
April 5th, 2019, 05:50
Still much to do, but it seems to be rendering ok, I will visit the materials on the next beta and re set the shine to lower. Mainly working on FDE ATM.

cavaricooper
April 6th, 2019, 07:15
Thomas- that is good news!

The FDE is the single most important feature in my book. So often, models look good and fly like a brick *hit house... no joy as far as I'm concerned.

The problem as I notice it currently, is that model rendering has gotten so far advanced (just look at the C-47 + VVC and the Avro series) that just a great FDE isn't the acceptable standard anymore. Now, to truly differentiate the offering from the masses, it has to look AND fly superbly.

Some may find this to be eating cake and having it too... It happens to be the current state of affairs. Whilst I have nothing in common with most of the current generation, I do believe this one facet to be beneficial for our community en toto.

Looking forward to a "proper" Champ!

Best- C