PDA

View Full Version : Wing42 Latest

speedy70
April 4th, 2019, 14:01
Latest post from Wing 42.

Estimated release for version 0.85 is this weekend! The new features will be revealed shortly.

there is another post on the site that lists the updates.

Cheers chris

Sundog
April 4th, 2019, 19:04
Thanks for the heads up. :encouragement:

mthrift
April 5th, 2019, 02:17
This is fantastic news! :jump: Really looking forward to the update.

Michael

FlyingsCool
April 5th, 2019, 05:05
Ummm... What's "Wing 42"?

(no worries, just googled it ;) links are nice.... )

YoYo
April 5th, 2019, 05:08

https://wing42.com/en/ and top model of Lockheed Vega .

Vitus
April 5th, 2019, 07:52

What do you mean, "what's Wing42"? Wing42 is the next big thing after the invention of powered flight! :wiggle:

https://i.imgur.com/l7gJhHz.jpg

I'm stressed out for weeks about this update. This will be a big load off my back, I'm really anxious to read the replies.

YoYo
April 5th, 2019, 07:57
Btw. More info about 0.85:

https://mailchi.mp/fb70144dae87/long-awaited-update-for-the-lockheed-vega :applause:

Sundog
April 5th, 2019, 09:32
Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to flying this new version with all of these updates and all of the different variants completed and otw.

LouP
April 5th, 2019, 10:21
Looking forward to it Vitus, I'm sure it will be great. :-)

LouP

Vitus
April 5th, 2019, 11:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV0CYIsLuGg

WarHorse47
April 5th, 2019, 11:53
Bravo.. :loyal: Nice video. Looking forward to the update.

dvj
April 5th, 2019, 14:36
Just gets better and better.

Vitus
April 6th, 2019, 05:29
It's done! Update 0.85 is now available!

https://i.imgur.com/xfbZoJn.jpg

speedy70
April 6th, 2019, 05:36
Thanks Vitus.Absolutely fabulous!!!!

Cheers Chris

LouP
April 6th, 2019, 05:54
Hey Vitus, I read the install instructions and am not sure if we should uninstall the prior version before updating.

Thanks,
LouP

speedy70
April 6th, 2019, 06:01
Lou.
It clearly states that you must uninstall the previous version before installing the 085 version.

LouP
April 6th, 2019, 06:13
Thanks, must have skimmed right by that.

Vitus
April 6th, 2019, 06:20
TLDR: Yes! It is definitely required for you to uninstall the old version first!

Detailed explanation if you're interested:
The reason is that there are changes to the file structure, to keep the installation size low I am trying to share resources like textures as much as I can, which is why there's now a new folder called "Wing42 Lockheed Vega shared" in your airplane folder. In there you'll find the sound files, panels and gauges and common textures. If you don't install your previous installation first, those old common textures will remain in the "Wing42 Lockheed Vega 5/textures" folder, and thus your model will load these files, instead of the new ones.

therealjambo
April 6th, 2019, 07:23
Thank you Vitus, really looking forward to this, tremendous effort!

dvj
April 6th, 2019, 10:19
It's done! Update 0.85 is now available!

OK, how do I get it? No email received.

-d

Alan_A
April 6th, 2019, 10:23
OK, how do I get it? No email received.

-d

On the Wing42 website, click on "my account" (the little silhouette of a head in the upper right). Assuming you're logged in, that takes you to your account page, where one of the options should be "my downloads." 0.85 should be there, along with your order number. Hope this helps.

dvj
April 6th, 2019, 10:31
On the Wing42 website, click on "my account" (the little silhouette of a head in the upper right). Assuming you're logged in, that takes you to your account page, where one of the options should be "my downloads." 0.85 should be there, along with your order number. Hope this helps.

Got it, thanks. My login would not work however. Had to reset.

-d

Alan_A
April 6th, 2019, 11:35
Got it, thanks. My login would not work however. Had to reset.

-d

Mine did, not sure why. But I just discovered I'd never set up a forum login - or if I did, it's no longer valid. And apparently the forum isn't accepting new registrations, which is probably a side effect of the spam cleanup. Not a big issue, but I guess that if I have tech problems or questions in the near term, I'll have to hijack this thread. Apologies in advance if I abuse anybody's patience. Speaking of which - I know Otmar has his hands full at the moment, so I'm happy to wait for the forum and all the other things to settle down.

dvj
April 6th, 2019, 11:59
I have encountered a number of start up and audio issues. Need to check the forums on what's going on.

dvj
April 7th, 2019, 11:12
https://i.imgur.com/uqJkEdX.jpg

dvj
April 7th, 2019, 11:13
I have encountered a number of start up and audio issues. Need to check the forums on what's going on.

all resolved btw.

Vitus
April 7th, 2019, 14:47
https://i.imgur.com/uqJkEdX.jpg

You forgot to take off the pitot cover :biggrin-new:

Great picture though!

UnknownGuest12
April 7th, 2019, 15:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV0CYIsLuGg
Nice music...what about engine sound? would love to ear it as well...
Regards

Vitus
April 7th, 2019, 16:53
The engine sound has not been touch since the last version and it still falls flat.

It is a planned feature for v.0.90, I purchased licenses from a professional sound engineers of the exact engine type. It just needs to be chopped up and programmed for the sim.

So the sound engine that's included in this version is limited to the controls in the cockpit, and the audible feedback from rampie Heinrich.

dvj
April 7th, 2019, 22:09
You forgot to take off the pitot cover :biggrin-new:

Great picture though!

Heinrich is fired.

YoYo
April 7th, 2019, 22:21
Heinrich is fired.

:biggrin-new: :biggrin-new: :biggrin-new:

Alan_A
April 8th, 2019, 11:35
OK, with apologies, I've got a tech support question. Installed 0.85.1 late last night, just went to launch P3D4, and had it hang with a "multiple objects with same name" loop related to the Vega. I've dealt with similar issues in the past - but not for a while. Any insights into what I need to change in the Vega object names?

@Vitus - sorry to be posting this here, but I don't have a Wing42 forum registration and the forum doesn't currently allow the creation of new registrations. If there's a way I can sign aboard, I'll be glad to continue the conversation over in your house.

Thanks in advance!

Vitus
April 8th, 2019, 11:56
Hi Alan,

no that's no problem. I keep monitoring this thread at least until I know that there are no more major issues in this version of the Vega.

My first guess would be that you didn't uninstall the old version of the Vega first, or that my uninstaller missed some files. I'd suggest you go to simObjects/Airplanes/ and manual delete the three Wing42 folders. After that, run the installer again. That should fix any conflicts with previous versions of the aircraft.

Let me know how it goes please! :wiggle:

Alan_A
April 8th, 2019, 12:15
Thanks, Otmar - I'd run the uninstaller but missed doing the manual deletions. I'll take care of both steps, then reinstall and report back.

Grateful for the quick response!

Alan_A
April 8th, 2019, 21:45
And... got it solved. I'm not sure how it happened, but I discovered a complete installation of version .04 buried in my Flight Replicas DC-4 folder inside Documents/Prepar3d Add-Ons. Obviously the uninstaller couldn't find it. A first for me, and proof (as if it was needed) that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. I now have a fully functional install of .085.2. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Now, off to get the hang of the inertial starter and the spark advance...

Goes without saying, but... this is one fantastic airplane!

Vitus
April 9th, 2019, 14:21
Hi Alan,

Yay! I'm happy you found the solution to your problem.

I'm really proud of the spark advance and the effects of it. Was this done in another add-on before, or can I claim a first on it? :wiggle:

If there's any questions about the functions of the ignition system, check out the manual. I tried to be thorough in the explanation of all systems that are working already. I'm still trying to convince any youtuber to create an educational series on those vintage systems, but so far no luck.

Btw. the forum should be open for registrations again, that was actually not intentional, but a missing property in the email settings.... oopsie.

Alan_A
April 9th, 2019, 21:46
I'm not aware of any previous project that modeled the spark advance, but I could have missed something. Anyone?

I'm pretty well up on inertia starters thanks to A2A, so with that, it's more a matter of getting the mouse-feel of your implementation. I did, however, have a bunch of failed starts before I realized I'd forgotten to turn the boost on, so that's another new element.

Loving the glass fuses - reminds me of the years I spent with tube amplifiers.

Good news about the forums - I'll stop by tomorrow and sign aboard.

Vitus
April 24th, 2019, 04:03
Hi guys,

I just want to let you know that I'll be on a stream with Peter Matthess tonight. He'll be flying the Vega while we chat about the aircraft's history, vintage aviation, spark advance levers, bugs and other things.

Join us in the chat and ask your questions if you like :very_drunk:

We'll start at around 20:00 Central European Time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Mantock100

speedy70
April 26th, 2019, 14:54
Very interesting to see that wing 42 are developing the lockheed Electra as well starting now.

See the website for details.

Cheers chris

Cazzie
April 26th, 2019, 15:25
Will there (are there) a Paint Kit available for that? Lovely.

Cazzie

speedy70
April 26th, 2019, 15:51
Cazzie it is just starting development so obviously there is no paint kit.

look at the web site.

Get the latest details.

Cheers chris