PDA

View Full Version : B-24

MAULET
February 20th, 2009, 20:06
Anybody knows a good files to make flyable the plane...?
Did The b24guy make files for it..?
Thanks in advance
Jose

:jump::jump:

Allen
February 20th, 2009, 20:17
Anybody knows a good files to make flyable the plane...?
Did The b24guy make files for it..?
Thanks in advance
Jose

:jump::jump:

I wish he would put a OH B-24 out as that's the only one he hasn't.

OBIO
February 20th, 2009, 20:58
Someone made the stock B-24 flyable...but it wasn't The B-24 Guy. I can't remember exactly where I found the files, but I am pretty sure they are on Simviation.com.

If you are looking for a good player B-24, check out the freeware Alpha Sim B-24 package. Comes with the D and J models. There are repaints for it here in the CFS2 library..some by me, some by Sopwith Chameleon I do believe. The package can be found on Flightsim.com. Comes with panel and gauges as part on the new upload to that site.

OBIO

Tango_Romeo
February 20th, 2009, 21:18
.....Here's a link to a set of files that not only makes all the CFS2 AI stockers flyable, but gives you reworked AIR files that makes them easy to fly. Airbuddah and WW did these years ago:

http://www.simviation.com/cfs2misc3.htm

It's the first download on the page. :jump:

Allen
February 20th, 2009, 21:31
I used the AI planes internal views over at NetWings for the stock B-24 but it don't have a VC that you can put gauges on.

http://www.netwings.org/library/CFS2_Planes/

It's the best for stock B-24's that we got. :whistle:BUT maybe B-24guy will give us one with a working VC.:ernae::engel016:

→Hint hint, Please!←

hewman100
February 21st, 2009, 02:37
I think the last time he gave us an update on progress the bomb doors were being troublesome.

langereis
February 21st, 2009, 03:48
Maulet,

See also

http://www.simviation.com/cfs2aircraft43.htm

Shadow Wolf 07
February 21st, 2009, 08:35
You can use ZoneAid to make all the ai planes flyable but you'd need to get a 2D panel from somewhere else ... Netwings for example,

MAULET
February 21st, 2009, 09:11
Many thanks to all for your help. Gentelmen...
Best Wishes...
José Vt.
:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Allen
February 21st, 2009, 09:51
I think the last time he gave us an update on progress the bomb doors were being troublesome.

The model over at netwings I posted already has bomb doors that opened. I don't know what he's trying do do with the bomb door anyway. Do you? Maybe that model can help him.

The B24 Guy
February 21st, 2009, 17:11
Hi Guys,

I am working on the waist gunners doors in LOD 7 at the moment.
It sure would be nice if I could just port over all the changes I made in LOD 8 into LOD 7. But, that does not work.
So, it is start from scratch with each LOD. Slow process when adding anamations and such.
Still don't know about the bomb bay doors though. Just can not get them to roll up like they should. I think I will have to live with what I have and get on with it.
Just to give you an idea the model file size is almost twice a large as the stock one.

Regards,
B24Guy

Allen
February 21st, 2009, 19:44
I know you want to make evey thing perfect B24Guy but it's just can't be done some times. Even if you want it realy bad! I know I tried....

Tango_Romeo
February 22nd, 2009, 00:27
Hi Guys, I am working on the waist gunners doors in LOD 7 at the moment.
It sure would be nice if I could just port over all the changes I made in LOD 8 into LOD 7. But, that does not work.
So, it is start from scratch with each LOD. Slow process when adding anamations and such.
Still don't know about the bomb bay doors though. Just can not get them to roll up like they should. I think I will have to live with what I have and get on with it.
Just to give you an idea the model file size is almost twice a large as the stock one. Regards, B24Guy

I'm surprised that you can't carry-over your LODs. We can in FSDS, but I understand that you are not working in that program with the overhaul. And animations in the LODs derive from the first LOD (50:100) in FSDS.

Suggestion. You can simply rotate the doors (starboard clockwise and port counter-clockwise, letting the sides of the doors form a pitched upper surface for the bombay. OR open the doors into the bombay, which will give the impression of rolling up. I was looking into that on a potential new B-24.