PDA

View Full Version : G3D.dll question

WarHorse47
March 7th, 2019, 07:39
Recently, I've been attempting to narrow down what might be causing random CTD with one of my aircraft.

I've been taking numerous flights and monitoring the FSUIPC log, and keep seeing the following, repeated message:

*** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***

From what I've read elsewhere the message can be generated by either a terrain or aircraft texture conflicting with the G3D.dll in FSXA.

I do not get the error message with other aircraft, just this particular one which implies its not a terrain issue.

Is anyone familiar with this or have experience this issue?

Thanks in advance.

MrZippy
March 7th, 2019, 08:38
In regards to that error, there is a lot of talk about having the latest version of FSUIPC installed. There were some older threads that were saying that having a couple of lines added in the FSX.cfg about Missing texture alerts and Missing library object alerts were needed.

Interesting reading: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Missing_textures

WarHorse47
March 10th, 2019, 14:33
Well, I've made some progress but am still looking for answers.

I updated my FSUIPC install and after 3 flights with the aircraft I've only encountered one CTD after exiting my flight. So far, so good.

I just tried those [scenery] entries and noted a couple missing texture files, but no data as to what might be causing the ***G3D bad pointer..." message I'm getting in the FSUIPC log with this specific aircraft.

I have been checking the FSUIPC log after all my flights now with different aircraft and I'm only getting the message with this specific aircraft. I'm pretty certain its not scenery generated.

Still baffled.. :dizzy:

MrZippy
March 10th, 2019, 14:49
I'm baffled too! What aircraft are you having the difficulties with?

WarHorse47
March 10th, 2019, 17:19
I'm baffled too! What aircraft are you having the difficulties with?Check your inbox. :encouragement:

MrZippy
March 11th, 2019, 04:58
Check your inbox. :encouragement:

Done!:encouragement:

Just curious...what version of FSUIPC did you upgrade to? I'm running 4.97401

WarHorse47
March 11th, 2019, 05:57
Done!:encouragement:

Just curious...what version of FSUIPC did you upgrade to? I'm running 4.97401Same version, 4.974.