PDA

View Full Version : Sibwings AN-2 questions

thefrog
March 4th, 2019, 10:19
I’m re-discovering this fantastic machine and have spent hours working out exactly what each switch and gauge does. The manual helps a bit, but there’s not much detail there.
I’m left scratching my head about two things: the first is the ADF. I have worked out how to set the frequency but the only way I can power it up initially is with the FSX ‘Avionics’ keystroke - I can’t find an actual Avionics switch. There’s one for the ADF but that doesn’t actually power it up unless the avionics are on.

The second thing is the UGR compass: the white pointer is for the ADF, but what function has the double pointer got (it has a knob to adjust it)?

Any ideas would be great!

johnwillimas2
March 5th, 2019, 00:57
You need to have the Power Inverter set to "On" (i.e. in the up position.)

This switch is below and to the right of the orange framed pitot heat switch.

You should then get a green p"power on" lamp on the panel where you set the ADF frequency.

Can't help on the UGR card though....

thefrog
March 5th, 2019, 03:05
Thanks for the reply.

I think I have discovered what the problem is: if the default flight does not have Avionics switched on, the ADF won't work until Avionics is enabled with a keystroke. There's no Avionics switch as such in the aircraft.

heywooood
March 8th, 2019, 07:19
yes -much like a few of the Milviz helicopters, the Bell 212 etc..it is completely reliant on being loaded after a default aircraft in a default state to function in FSX. A somewhat loathsome quality..

heywooood
March 8th, 2019, 07:23
in spite of that, still a very fun aircraft model to fly

https://i.imgur.com/PiSypvN.png?1

I understand that there could be some long awaited upgrades to the Colt coming along 'soon' - anyone have any details to share?

johnwillimas2
March 8th, 2019, 07:32
I understand that there could be some long awaited upgrades to the Colt coming along 'soon' - anyone have any details to share?

AST Simulations are handling it. More here and on Facebook : https://atsimulations.com/an2

heywooood
March 8th, 2019, 07:34
outstanding - love the idea of floats and load manager!

I wonder what that 50% off price tag will look like..