PDA

View Full Version : Flying Stations Canberra B2 in FSX

JamieC
March 4th, 2019, 09:38
Does anyone use this in FSX, I bought it today and although it is an FS9 model, on the site it says 'With Good FSX Compatibility'..... however, the cockpit glass is black.

Is there a fix for this anywhere?

Thanks
Jamie

MrZippy
March 4th, 2019, 10:13
Does anyone use this in FSX, I bought it today and although it is an FS9 model, on the site it says 'With Good FSX Compatibility'..... however, the cockpit glass is black.

Is there a fix for this anywhere?

Thanks
Jamie

Found this answer in an older thread:

Evening all. For those that have had problems with VC glass being black in some Canberra cockpits in FSX, please read on.

Sorted! Turns out a while ago I had been messing around with an alternative texture for the VC glass, as some folk had been unhappy with the shade and reflection. In doing so, I had mapped the VC glass to a different file. For some reason FS9 did not mind this, but in FSX, without that file, it was rendering the area completely black.

The easy workaround for this, rather than me spend ages going through, re-mapping it to glass_T.bmp and re-compiling the models, is to copy the existing glass_T.bmp you have in the 'black' cockpit Canberras and rename it to: glassvc_T.bmp. Leave the old glass_T.bmp in there too. Voila, it solves the problem with the soon to be released Master of Tasks pack, and my guess is it will do the same in the other packs too.

WarHorse47
March 4th, 2019, 11:11
Perhaps this might help?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/flyingstations/canberra-fsx-t216.html

JamieC
March 4th, 2019, 13:11
Thats Great

Thanks Guys :encouragement: