PDA

View Full Version : Sim Freezing

DaleRFU
February 26th, 2019, 06:37
Good evening all,

I seem to be having an issue about 30 minutes into my flights. The simulator seems to freeze and then crash to desktop. I notice the onset of the issue when the GPS moving map stops moving but the compass on it still moves and then about 20 seconds after the sim gives up. So far I've had it in the JF hawk in the UK and Dinos Typhoon in Oman so I don't think it's aircraft specific.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards
Dale

Timmy74
February 26th, 2019, 14:00
I usually get this issue if I have a "double up" in an AFCAD location!?

That is if you have any add on scenery there may be a conflict of AFCADS and the computer crashes.

Check what add-on scenery you have in that area and maybe turn off that scenery and see what happens?

azflyboy
February 26th, 2019, 19:07
Try turning down/off the AI traffic (if you have it enabled) and see if that helps. I ran into something similar, and it went away when I disabled an addon AI program that had been running.

jeansy
February 26th, 2019, 22:34
I usually get this issue if I have a "double up" in an AFCAD location!?

That is if you have any add on scenery there may be a conflict of AFCADS and the computer crashes.

Check what add-on scenery you have in that area and maybe turn off that scenery and see what happens?

Thats one of the most probable causes or your using incompatible afcads that were made with older software

The remark about the gps hanging is a strong sign Tim is on the mark

Not all fsx scenery will work in p3d v3 onwards as there have been lots of posts about afcads causing systems to crash which all pointed back to older bgl compliers that caused problems

Try flying in a area that has default or >p3d v3 scenery on the opposite side of the world and see if it crashes

If not, you will have to disable all youre addons and activate 1 at a time in the area thst causes crashes to identify the source

DaleRFU
February 27th, 2019, 01:54
I do have some AF2 files in my scenery, if that is the cause of the problem is there like a bulk upgrade tool that I can use to convert them too P3D format?

I will have a look tonight to see if it stops freezing once I remove them.

dhazelgrove
February 27th, 2019, 05:55
I do have some AF2 files in my scenery, if that is the cause of the problem is there like a bulk upgrade tool that I can use to convert them too P3D format?

I will have a look tonight to see if it stops freezing once I remove them.

There's a tool over on the AIG forum that converts FSX AFDs for use in P3D, either singly or in a batch.

Dave

Naismith
February 27th, 2019, 10:37
There's a tool over on the AIG forum that converts FSX AFDs for use in P3D, either singly or in a batch.

Dave
There sure make it hard work tracking it down.... :biggrin-new: