PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft selection

Naismith
February 16th, 2019, 11:52
I am loving P3D (now that I have some FTX and UT etc in it) but has anybody come out with any improved s/w for the aircraft selection screen which is horrible and clunky to use compared to FSX imo.

There used to be a Dutch or Belgian fellow Mathias Brouwer (or similar) who had an wonderful interface for FSX but he seems MIA these days.

I know about the Favourites star but even then when you have amassed a number of a/c it is clunky in use, and who actually uses the default planes anyway?

TIA

wombat666
February 16th, 2019, 17:38
Not sure about 'glitzing' up the interface but you can safely nuke all the default aircraft except the F22.
I just zip them up and dump them onto a backup drive and maybe keep couple that I like.
When it comes down to aircraft selection I realised that while having every F16 repaint (for example) and model is nice I only really fly a few.
I'm trying to figure out the possibility of bringing the UI up to full screen, not something that I think I can crack as I run at 4K but it's worth a try.
:encouragement:

Naismith
February 16th, 2019, 23:33
Nervous with removing defaults but I'll give it a try. (FSX hangover) Thanks.

expat
February 17th, 2019, 00:11
I immediately removed all the default aircraft and parked them in a folder in another disk to keep from clogging up the UI. I also put a "-" next to the panel entries in the air.cfg to stop repaints I don't use appearing in the UI list. Keeps it all tidy.

b52bob
February 17th, 2019, 06:14
You don’t have to remove anything or use the old - FSX trick. Simply tick the star at the end of the aircraft or repaint and click the star on the main screen that says “show favorites” and presto change, only the starred versions appear.

one of the better things P3D does.