PDA

View Full Version : 2019 SOH Pilot Roster and declarations.

srgalahad
February 14th, 2019, 17:37
Under Rule 14:
"Pilots may choose their weather engine for the race as long as they stick with their choice throughout. The options are enumerated in the General Rules. Teams will publish a list of their pilot choices so that everyone knows what is going on."

This thread is for the purpose of complying with that portion of the rules. Please make your declarations below and at/near the start of the race we can compile and publish a condensed list.

Rob

srgalahad
February 14th, 2019, 17:38
For 2019 I will be:

flying FSX
using Active Sky (AS16)

FS9/ default weather as a crisis backup

ponchovilla
February 14th, 2019, 19:06
Flying FS9 and FSX.

Active Sky Evolution for both sims.

Spookster67
February 14th, 2019, 22:43
Flying FSX, and this year using FSXWX. (However, I note that in the General Rules, 6.E.iii, FSXWX is not explicitly listed as one of the allowable weather engines. If required, I can use FSRealWx Pro, which is listed there).

Moses03
February 15th, 2019, 04:12
FS2004 with FSRealWx Pro. FSX with FSRealWx Pro only for emergencies.

PRB
February 15th, 2019, 04:35
FSRealWXPro.

Spookster67
February 15th, 2019, 11:57
Flying FSX, and this year using FSXWX. (However, I note that in the General Rules, 6.E.iii, FSXWX is not explicitly listed as one of the allowable weather engines. If required, I can use FSRealWx Pro, which is listed there).
Since FSXWX isn't listed in the allowable weather engines, and I haven't had extensive experience with it, I'm going back to using FSrealWX Pro.

MM
February 15th, 2019, 13:28
The Executive Committee cannot personally vouch for FSXWX.

Our best report, from multiplayer use alongside others using Active Sky, it that the weather pretty much mimicked live changes in Active Sky (although it might not update quite as often).

However there are also (scattered) reports of some problems in terms of reliability in its interaction with FSX.

So FSXWX is legal in the 2019 RTWR. But the user should be careful and do some testing.

P51FAN
February 15th, 2019, 16:51
Flying FSX and FS2004, both with FSrealWX.

MaddogK
February 16th, 2019, 10:15
FS9 and FSRealWX Pro if this PC remains stable, otherwise default jep.