PDA

View Full Version : NVG?

ejoiner
February 12th, 2019, 23:10
Hi guys. is it possible to activate Night Vision Goggles so that you can see your cockpit panels etc? I know in P3D there is a sensor capability which shows either white hot or black hot but it doesnt show the aircraft either interior or exterior. In FSX, there used to be a reshade filter that you could toggle to have a pretty great NVG capability. However, I am pretty happy with my P3D visuals, and dont want to install reshade just for this. Is there a gauge etc, that can be used for NVG?

ejoiner
February 16th, 2019, 18:51
Hi guys. is it possible to activate Night Vision Goggles so that you can see your cockpit panels etc? I know in P3D there is a sensor capability which shows either white hot or black hot but it doesnt show the aircraft either interior or exterior. In FSX, there used to be a reshade filter that you could toggle to have a pretty great NVG capability. However, I am pretty happy with my P3D visuals, and dont want to install reshade just for this. Is there a gauge etc, that can be used for NVG?

For anyone who wants to add Night Vision goggles type effects and have their virtual cockpit visible etc, I share the info below. Oliver Binder (lorby) was super helpful in figuring this out on the prepar3d.com forums.

I added the VC night vision camera view as below, and an external NVG view as well. Personally, I think LM should add these in 4.5 :) (For anyone else who uses these cameras below, make sure to change the camera definition numbers to the next ones in series for your sim.)

[CameraDefinition.027]
Title = NVG Virtual Cockpit
Guid = {AD543735-6118-44D0-8654-8449EB8330C1}
Description = VC view with NVG
PostProcess00 = NVGBloomPostProcess
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None