Lionheart
February 21st, 2009, 08:54
Yep! I totally agree....

He did good work making GW3....

:arnae:

Bill

lilduckfoot2
February 21st, 2009, 09:03
Totally agree, Roger. I actually have more aircraft loaded and that I fly in GW3 than in FS9.

Wonderful mod.

LDF

OleBoy
February 21st, 2009, 09:15
I have tried to install GW3 a few times. I always mess something up and it never works. I like the era a lot more than regular flightsim 2004. There's just something about seeing all that concrete covering the landscape that turns me off. More times than once I thought to myself, if I could get GW3 installed and working right I might spend more time flying.

While I'm heading in that direction: Milton Schupe, Bill Lyons and several others ( sorry if I don't mention your name ) that lure to those times. When I think about liking that time of flight, I laugh as I think about my age in relation to the era. Then again, I've always had a thing for older women:woot::focus:

dhasdell
February 21st, 2009, 09:19
If you can't get GW3 to work, you might try Golden Hawaii, which turns the clock back for that area, and is switchable to and from your main install, so it doesn't take up much space and you can always go modern again in that area if you prefer. It includes a very nich S-43 (see the "best clipper" thread) and plenty of vintage ai traffic. On my comp FS9 with GH seems to run faster than GW3, and the Islands are pretty scenic anyway.

OleBoy
February 21st, 2009, 09:30
That sounds inviting like a start. Best clipper thread,..............on my way.

Thanks

Roger
February 21st, 2009, 10:31
I have tried to install GW3 a few times. I always mess something up and it never works. I like the era a lot more than regular flightsim 2004. There's just something about seeing all that concrete covering the landscape that turns me off. More times than once I thought to myself, if I could get GW3 installed and working right I might spend more time flying.

While I'm heading in that direction: Milton Schupe, Bill Lyons and several others ( sorry if I don't mention your name ) that lure to those times. When I think about liking that time of flight, I laugh as I think about my age in relation to the era. Then again, I've always had a thing for older women:woot::focus:

Hey OleBoy,
Click on my Old Hangar banner below and you'll find a GW3 forum dedicated to issues you might have installing GW3.
Post there and we'll try and help you.
A virgin install of Fs9 is the first step!

Cheers,

Roger.

OleBoy
February 21st, 2009, 14:37
Will do Roger. Thank You. I registered there now also. I was lost here already. I'm just going to have to spend some time looking around. I told my wife I had to baby sit tonight. She said "what?" I said yeah, I have to babysit the rum bottle while we browse the new forums...lol:friday:

Lionheart
February 21st, 2009, 14:39
So... How do you cut mustard?

woot

Willy
February 21st, 2009, 14:53
So... How do you cut mustard?

With a knife? :d

Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled thread.........

Henry
February 21st, 2009, 15:31
Actually i fly gw3 a lot
and the past couple of weeks
i just loaded silver wings
Love that also
H

Lionheart
February 21st, 2009, 15:47
Actually i fly gw3 a lot
and the past couple of weeks
i just loaded silver wings
Love that also
H

Speaking of which, I'll bet Jans new airliner is brilliant for that.

Also, I hear Paco is making a turboprop airliner. I think an Electra. One of those with the big, huge 4 bladed props. Should be quite nice...