PDA

View Full Version : Avro Tutor texture problems

ejoiner
January 22nd, 2019, 12:48
Hi. I downloaded the two Avro tutor/trainer files from the library for the FSX version of these birds. Rather than the textures showing in the folders as *.bmp files, they are showing up in the sim as *.$$A files? What is that? There is a manifest of files in the download that shows these are supposed to be bitmaps.

How to fix?

modelr
January 22nd, 2019, 14:19
Hi. I downloaded the two Avro tutor/trainer files from the library for the FSX version of these birds. Rather than the textures showing in the folders as *.bmp files, they are showing up in the sim as *.$$A files? What is that? There is a manifest of files in the download that shows these are supposed to be bitmaps.

How to fix?

Try redownloading. Mine all show up as .bmp files. On the converted versions they are all .dds files

ejoiner
January 22nd, 2019, 14:36
Try redownloading. Mine all show up as .bmp files. On the converted versions they are all .dds files

Thanks. I did redownload the Tutor version in the library. Now I do see BMP files, but the models still wont load. The model files appear to be incomplete because there are no interior.mdl files and the model.cfg files are incomplete. This is from the FSX portover file set in the library installed with an executable installer (I wish people wouldnt use those.)

Eric

Priller
January 22nd, 2019, 21:07
There's an authorized native version around too!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/114258-FSX-native-AVRO-Tutor

No executable installer, just the files converted to native format!

Priller

Dev One
January 23rd, 2019, 00:16
Thanks. I did redownload the Tutor version in the library. Now I do see BMP files, but the models still wont load. The model files appear to be incomplete because there are no interior.mdl files and the model.cfg files are incomplete. This is from the FSX portover file set in the library installed with an executable installer (I wish people wouldnt use those.)

Eric

I think I saw a correction in one of the other threads about not having a correct listing for that. Can't find it now of course!
Keith

gavinc
January 23rd, 2019, 05:29
The model files appear to be incomplete because there are no interior.mdl files and the model.cfg files are incomplete. This is from the FSX portover file set in the library installed with an executable installer (I wish people wouldnt use those.)

Eric
As you are using the FSX port-over (note the term port over not conversion) this is normal. This package still has the FS9 compiled models and these don't have the VC split out into a separate model.

There are links to an FSX native conversion of the models.

Gavin

UnknownGuest12
January 23rd, 2019, 06:16

Eric

Hi go to P3Dv4 fórum/FSX Native Avro Tutor and read post #3 by RobM.
Regards