PDA

View Full Version : Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty

jmbiii
January 8th, 2019, 12:00
As you may or may not know, the Bounty played the part of pirate Captain Jack Sparrow's ship 'The Black Pearl' in the 2003 movie 'Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl'.
This repaint is a small tribute to the Bounty and the two crew who perished when the Bounty was lost off the coast of North Carolina in Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

The repaint for the UI and AI Bounty will be uploaded here at SOH today.

https://i.imgur.com/eIweINr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UvF7K1p.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pKKg0p7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LqAvqfx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1kiPiuf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RWjArmp.jpg

gray eagle
January 8th, 2019, 12:32
Arrrhhh........ :pirate:

Nice looking ship.... ye old seadog.:encouragement:

MrZippy
January 8th, 2019, 12:43
Avast ye landlubber, Thar she blows and all that rot. Looking forward to the repaint. Looks fantastic!:applause:

dvj
January 8th, 2019, 21:57
Worst Pirate I've ever seen.

zswobbie1
January 9th, 2019, 00:44
Any chance of converting the Black Pearl repaint to FS2004?

(Pretty please???)

jmbiii
January 9th, 2019, 04:58
Any chance of converting the Black Pearl repaint to FS2004?

(Pretty please???)

Will upload a FS2004 (FS9) later today.
Right now am trying to find my FS9 installation :banghead:

jmbiii
January 9th, 2019, 05:00
Worst Pirate I've ever seen.

Like the 'readme' says, there's always the DELETE key.:wavey:

Motormouse
January 9th, 2019, 06:38
Now all we need is HMS Interceptor to go with it...

Ttfn

Pete

michaelvader
January 9th, 2019, 06:41
Hi Friends,
here she is rounding Groix on my good old FS2004
It was not difficult to convert the textures
Yours
Papi

gray eagle
January 9th, 2019, 09:27
First of all, I managed to save the AI Carrierscfg entries.txt as Sparrow.cfg and saved it in my AI Carriers/Confg folder. I numbered the entries:

[formation.0]
title=Black Pearl
unit.0=AI_Black_Pearl, 0, 0

[formation.1]
title=Black Pearl - anchored
unit.0=AI_Black_Pearl_anchored, 0, 0

[formation.2]
title=Black Pearl w launch
unit.1=HMS Bounty Launch, 15, 0

Next, I copied the texture.AI_black_pearl to the AI_HMSBounty folder.

Now the titles show in the AI carriers menu but I get a failed to load objects in upper left corner of the screen (no show)

What did I do wrong or not do?

jmbiii
January 9th, 2019, 10:26
First of all, I managed to save the AI Carrierscfg entries.txt as Sparrow.cfg and saved it in my AI Carriers/Confg folder. I numbered the entries:

[formation.0]
title=Black Pearl

[formation.1]
unit.0=AI_Black_Pearl_anchored, 0, 0

[formation.2]

Next, I copied the texture.AI_black_pearl to the AI_HMSBounty folder.

Now the titles show in the AI carriers menu but I get a failed to load objects in upper left corner of the screen (no show)

What did I do wrong or not do?

Did you add the AI config entries to your AI HMSBounty folder ?

PhantomTweak
January 9th, 2019, 10:31
Did you add the Black Pearl entries to the AI_HMSBounty Sim.cfg file properly?

The AICarriers config entries must match the Sim.cfg's title=XXXXXX entries exactly.
An example:

[fltsim.0]
title=HMS Bounty Static No Sails

model=static
texture=

Is a [fltsim.X] entry from the latest AI_HMSBounty . The AICarriers file you use to get the Bounty to show should look like this:
Let's say it's called Bounty.cfg.

[formation.1]
title=AC_Unit_sm
unit.0=HMS Bounty Static No Sails, 0, 15

It's the unit.X= line that matters. Notice it's an exact match for the Sim.cfg Title= line. To avoid typo's, I personally use cut-n-paste to copy from the Sim.cfg file to the AICarriers file. You could put anything you want into the Bounty.cfg file's title= line.
The first entry in the Bounty.cfg file must be [formation.0], as must the AICarriers.cfg entry.
HOWEVER there must be an entry at the top of the AICarriers.cfg file that looks like this:

[base]
throttle=60
menu_shortcut=shift+j
confdir=conf.d

The Bounty.cfg should be located in ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. Ensure that the original AICarriers.cfg file, that came with the program, is still there and located in ...\AICarriers folder.

I've found that it's best to place added formations in the conf.d folder. It's also best to keep the number of additional .cfg files in the conf.d folder to a minimum, and not to add entries directly to the original AICarriers.cfg file. This keeps the number of entries you need to search through to find the formation you desire to utilize short. You don't want to search through page after page after page of SHFT+J menu entries to find the formation you want.
As you get more and more add on AI ships, place their included (if any) *.cfg files into a storage folder. I use ...\AICarriers\conf.d\BAXX for mine. I have a lot of .cfg files in there, but only one, or at most two, .cfg files in the conf.d folder.

SO:
1) The AICarriers.cfg is still there, still relatively pristine, and located in ...\AICarriers
2) Your Sparrow.cfg file is located in ...\AICarriers\conf.d, but alone, or at least there aren't a ton of other .cfg files there.
3) The Unit.X= lines in the Sparrow.cfg file match the Title= lines in the AI_HMSBounty's Sim.cfg file. Exactly.
4) You did add the correct Black Pearl entries in the AI_HMSBounty's sim.cfg file. NOT it's aircraft.cfg file.

I hope something in all this may help...
Pat☺

jmbiii
January 9th, 2019, 10:51
Here's a small extra update to the pilotable Black Pearl. It is not necessary, but for total immersion sailing the Pearl :pirate: you may desire it. :biggrin-new:

https://i.imgur.com/1wgqvkZ.jpg

Use the zip file a few entries below.
Also have uploaded the FS2004 (FS9) Black Pearl textures (this panel is already part of the FS2004 upload)..

EDIT: Also if you search the ship you will find the reason Captain Jack Sparrow can appear exactly where he wants. :highly_amused:

MrZippy
January 9th, 2019, 12:04
Got the Pearl Paintjob and tried her out. Nice 24Knot breeze on a Beam Reach. Had a problem with the pearl panel.zip. 7zip would not unzip or copy the files to my desktop.

The error read....An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file. Never saw that before and I have use 7zip most of the day with some aircraft downloads...all worked fine!:banghead:

jmbiii
January 9th, 2019, 12:29
Got the Pearl Paintjob and tried her out. Nice 24Knot breeze on a Beam Reach. Had a problem with the pearl panel.zip. 7zip would not unzip or copy the files to my desktop.

The error read....An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file. Never saw that before and I have use 7zip most of the day with some aircraft downloads...all worked fine!:banghead:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66353&stc=1

Zippy See if this one works. I've had trouble attaching in this forum.
Joe

iflyfsx214
January 9th, 2019, 13:35
Thanks Miton Shupe for the Bounty and jmbill for the pearl, Now all we have to do is find Captain Jack Sparrow

gray eagle
January 9th, 2019, 13:53
Did you add the AI config entries to your AI HMSBounty folder ?

I made a cfg file named Sparrow and it is in my AI Carriers/Config folder contents:

[formation.0]
title=Black Pearl

[formation.1]

[formation.2]

I have another folder in AI Carriers/Config :
USS Bounty - Contents:
[formation.0]
unit.0=static,1,0,0

[formation.1]
title=HMS Bounty AI with Sails
unit.0=model_2, 0,0

In the Boats folder :

I have a separate confg "Bounty" - contents:
[formation.0]
unit.0=static,1,0,0

[formation.1]
unit.0=model_2, 0,0

Here are folders in Boats section:

https://i.postimg.cc/zfTfKmKN/boats.jpg

All I want was to use this in AI mode only not driveable - I don't see the little rowboat either.

jmbiii
January 9th, 2019, 14:12
Butch,

I'll give your post a look when I get home.

The launch is a separate "boat". See post #35 in the FSX Bounty thread.

MrZippy
January 9th, 2019, 14:15
Zippy See if this one works. I've had trouble attaching in this forum.
Joe

Worked fine! Thanks:wavey:

Charlie

gray eagle
January 9th, 2019, 15:11
Did you add the Black Pearl entries to the AI_HMSBounty Sim.cfg file properly?

The AICarriers config entries must match the Sim.cfg's title=XXXXXX entries exactly.
An example:

[fltsim.0]

model=static
texture=

Is a [fltsim.X] entry from the latest AI_HMSBounty . The AICarriers file you use to get the Bounty to show should look like this:
Let's say it's called Bounty.cfg.

[formation.1]
title=AC_Unit_sm
unit.0=HMS Bounty Static No Sails, 0, 15

It's the unit.X= line that matters. Notice it's an exact match for the Sim.cfg Title= line. To avoid typo's, I personally use cut-n-paste to copy from the Sim.cfg file to the AICarriers file. You could put anything you want into the Bounty.cfg file's title= line.
The first entry in the Bounty.cfg file must be [formation.0], as must the AICarriers.cfg entry.
HOWEVER there must be an entry at the top of the AICarriers.cfg file that looks like this:

[base]
throttle=60
menu_shortcut=shift+j
confdir=conf.d

The Bounty.cfg should be located in ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. Ensure that the original AICarriers.cfg file, that came with the program, is still there and located in ...\AICarriers folder.

I've found that it's best to place added formations in the conf.d folder. It's also best to keep the number of additional .cfg files in the conf.d folder to a minimum, and not to add entries directly to the original AICarriers.cfg file. This keeps the number of entries you need to search through to find the formation you desire to utilize short. You don't want to search through page after page after page of SHFT+J menu entries to find the formation you want.
As you get more and more add on AI ships, place their included (if any) *.cfg files into a storage folder. I use ...\AICarriers\conf.d\BAXX for mine. I have a lot of .cfg files in there, but only one, or at most two, .cfg files in the conf.d folder.

SO:
1) The AICarriers.cfg is still there, still relatively pristine, and located in ...\AICarriers
2) Your Sparrow.cfg file is located in ...\AICarriers\conf.d, but alone, or at least there aren't a ton of other .cfg files there.
3) The Unit.X= lines in the Sparrow.cfg file match the Title= lines in the AI_HMSBounty's Sim.cfg file. Exactly.
4) You did add the correct Black Pearl entries in the AI_HMSBounty's sim.cfg file. NOT it's aircraft.cfg file.

I hope something in all this may help...
Pat☺

The Bounty works just fine. It's getting the black pearl to show in AI. The pearl with/with out show in the AI menu screen but not on the water.

PhantomTweak
January 9th, 2019, 22:44
What I guess I meant to ask was: when you added the Black Pearl textures to the AI_HMS Bounty folder, did you add the correct entries into the sim.cfg file in there? You seem to utilize the words "file" and "folder" interchangeably. Two entirely different animals, really they are.

The sim.cfg file is what is needed for AI ships. The one that comes with the Bounty looks like this at the top. :

[fltsim.0]

model=static
texture=

[fltsim.1]

model=sails
texture=

Did you add one that may look something like this:

[fltsim.2]
title=HMS Black Pearl AI with Sails

model=sails
texture=Ai_Black_Pearl

That's what you need to add to the sim.cfg file.

Your "folder" structuring in AICarriers confuses me. There shouldn't BE an ...\AICarriers\Config folder. There should be an ...\AICarriers\conf.d, but no others unless you make one to store various .cfg files.

You have shown 3 of the .cfg files for AICarriers. It will only use files that end in .cfg IF they're in the ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. The other it will use is the AICarriers.cfg file that came with AICarriers. I strongly suggest leaving that one alone entirely, and only making your own .cfg files in the conf.d folder.

SO: If you want to use a file you showed, Sparrow.cfg, place it in the ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. Forget all the other files you showed me for now. Let's just stick to the following files: ...\AICarriers\AICarriers.cfg, ...\AICarriers\conf.d\Sparrow.cfg, and the file ...\Boats\AI_HMSBounty\sim.cfg
Also, add the entry I showed to the file named sim.cfg in the folder ...\Boats\AI_HMSBounty.

This should make the Black Pearl show up in the SHFT+J menu, and in the world when selected.

Let me know if this helps at all...
Pat☺

zswobbie1
January 9th, 2019, 22:56
Many thanks for the FS2004 version... :applause::applause::applause:
How about a black launch?:jump:

Regards,
Robin

gray eagle
January 10th, 2019, 03:49
What I guess I meant to ask was: when you added the Black Pearl textures to the AI_HMS Bounty folder, did you add the correct entries into the sim.cfg file in there? You seem to utilize the words "file" and "folder" interchangeably. Two entirely different animals, really they are.

The sim.cfg file is what is needed for AI ships. The one that comes with the Bounty looks like this at the top. :

[fltsim.0]

model=static
texture=

[fltsim.1]

model=sails
texture=

Did you add one that may look something like this:

[fltsim.2]
title=HMS Black Pearl AI with Sails

model=sails
texture=Ai_Black_Pearl

That's what you need to add to the sim.cfg file.

Your "folder" structuring in AICarriers confuses me. There shouldn't BE an ...\AICarriers\Config folder. There should be an ...\AICarriers\conf.d, but no others unless you make one to store various .cfg files.

You have shown 3 of the .cfg files for AICarriers. It will only use files that end in .cfg IF they're in the ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. The other it will use is the AICarriers.cfg file that came with AICarriers. I strongly suggest leaving that one alone entirely, and only making your own .cfg files in the conf.d folder.

SO: If you want to use a file you showed, Sparrow.cfg, place it in the ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. Forget all the other files you showed me for now. Let's just stick to the following files: ...\AICarriers\AICarriers.cfg, ...\AICarriers\conf.d\Sparrow.cfg, and the file ...\Boats\AI_HMSBounty\sim.cfg
Also, add the entry I showed to the file named sim.cfg in the folder ...\Boats\AI_HMSBounty.

This should make the Black Pearl show up in the SHFT+J menu, and in the world when selected.

Let me know if this helps at all...
Pat☺

Hopefully these pictures will revel a bit more:
As you can see I do have a FOLDER named conf.d and in it you can see the FILES.
https://i.postimg.cc/SxcPmfHZ/AIcarriers.jpg

This is the contents of the USS bounty FILE:
https://i.postimg.cc/rFHTDjnM/bounty.jpg

THis is the contents of the Sparrow.cfg FILE
https://i.postimg.cc/QMkvJJbB/sparrow.jpg

Refer ^ to #17 for the folders (textures) added to the USS Bounty FOLDER

Right now, all I've got is the sparrow (Black ship) showing in AI Carriers MENU only - no ships show;
the Bounty is both in the Menu and is visible in P3D

jmbiii
January 10th, 2019, 08:43
Okay, I have been doing some testing with AIBTC (AI Boat Traffic Compiler) and AICarriers, and have some interesting findings.

CAVEAT: This testing was done using P3Dv3, Win10, all model versions of the Bounty and many other AI ships/boats.

The main one is that it appears both AIBTC and AICarriers do not recognize ship/boat titles in the 'Aircraft.cfg' files. But there are exceptions.

In AICarriers some ships/boats with only the 'Aircraft.cfg' will show up and run properly if it is the only 'unit.x'. If another 'unit.x' is in the formation
it may sit still or back up.
In AIBTC I have observed ship/boats with only the 'Aircraft.cfg' show up but perform great leaps and dives looking like a Porpoise!

For most ships the 'Aircraft.cfg' file title appears to be only recognized when using an aircraft AI traffic compiler such as TTools or AIFP3.

If a ship/boat has both files in their folder, AIBTC and AICarriers will find the sim.cfg and recognize the ship title.
When both titles are the same it will still use the sim.cfg title. I think this is why sometime ships do not show as expected.

If you look at all the AI ships that Henrik Nielsen has produced, none have the 'Aircraft.cfg' file, just the 'sim.cfg'. The same
applies to all the ships in the Haze Gray payware package.

I have taken a ship with only the 'Aircraft.cfg' and stripped the .cfg file of all but the items found in a sim.cfg file and renamed it to sim.cfg
and successfully turned it into an AI.

Pretty much confusing. :banghead: Still working on it and will post the traffic file I promised later.:dizzy:

gray eagle
January 10th, 2019, 11:03
Shouldn't there be some model files with the black pearl -I know with the bounty there are.
Trying to figure out why the Black pearl isn't showing up on the water.

I think, for now, I will just delete the Pearl and work with known/working entity - Bounty.

That's a shame, nice looking boat too.

MrZippy
January 10th, 2019, 11:17
Shouldn't there be some model files with the black pearl -I know with the bounty there are.
Trying to figure out why the Black pearl isn't showing up on the water.

The Black Pearl is just a repaint for the Bounty. Just like an aircraft repaint. Did you add the texture folder for the Pearl and either the entire aircraft.cfg or just the [fltsim.6] entry into the Bounty's aircraft.cfg? And also the new panel for the Pearl.

SORRY, wasn't sure if you were talking about the pilot-able or AI Black Pearl.

PhantomTweak
January 10th, 2019, 11:46
And did you add the Black Pearl textures into the Bounty's sim.cfg file? Without doing that, you will never see the Pearl on the water.

You got all the .cfg files in the right places, yes. The config file Bounty.cfg in the folder AI_HMSBounty is just there so you can drop it into AICarrier's conf.d folder. You don't have to make your own .cfg file. A nice gift from the developer.
But unless you add the Black Pearl textures to the Bounty's sim.cfg file, they can't show in AICarriers. The SHFT+J menu items will be there, but they won't point to anything, so AIC can't place them in the world.

Does that make any sense?

I would clear out the conf.d folder, if I were you, as well, to make it easier to find and select what you want. You can always put the .cfg files back in any time you like, but the more you have, the longer and longer the SHFT+J menu gets. Just make a folder like this: ...\AICarriers\conf.d\BAXX , or whatever you want to name it, and move all the .cfg files you're not using at the moment into it. Then, when you want to use one, just copy it into the conf.d folder. When you want a different one, delete the one in the conf.d folder, and copy the new one you want to use in.
Like, right now, leave the Sparrow.cfg and Bounty.cfg files in the conf.d folder, and move all the rest into your BAXX (or whatever you want to name it) folder for storage. If, in the future, you want the NimitzV2 ships available, just move the Sparrow.cfg and Bounty.cfg files into the BAXX folder, and copy the cvn_68_69.cfg file into the conf.d folder. Easy as cake :D

Just me, though.
Pat☺

Blackbird686
January 10th, 2019, 13:39
Thought this repaint was pretty awesome actually. I have the Bounty anchored in the harbor, I was simply a miserable failure at piloting this ship that I thought I should stick to airplanes in a flight simulation. But since Jack Sparrow and his lot were "Hopelessly Lost" anyhow, I thought I'd try my hand at sailing the "Pearl". Worst they could do to me is make me walk the plank. Thanks for the repaint! That shows a lot of creativity, IMO.:applause:

BB686:US-flag:

srgalahad
January 10th, 2019, 15:50
Worst they could do to me is make me walk the plank. BB686:US-flag:

Nooo... they might decide to consider keelhauling...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keelhauling

:pirate::pirate::devilish:

I believe some of Cap'n Jack's crew would be willing to teach you to sail, but I'd be worried about the price.

jmbiii
January 10th, 2019, 17:47
I will address the AICarrier set up later in another post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here's two AI boat traffic files. One for the HMS Bounty and one for the Black Pearl. Zipped below.
Both run properly on my Win10, P3Dv3, with ORBX Pago Pago system.

To get everyone's "ducks in a row" you must have:

1. Milton's AI_HMSBounty folder in your Flt sim/SimObjects/Boats folder.

2. In the AI_HMSBounty folder you should have at least these two texture files:
texture
texture.black_pearl

3. In the AI_HMSBounty folder you should also have a sim.cfg file.

4. In the sim.cfg file there should be at least these two fltsim.x entries:
[fltsim.x]
title=HMS Bounty AI
model=sails
texture=

[fltsim.x]
title=AI_Black_Pearl
model=sails
texture=black_pearl
ui_manufacturer=Milton Shupe and friends
ui_type=A legend pirate ship

5. These two boat traffic files (from the zip):
traffic_Pago1.bgl
traffic_Pago2.bgl
should be in the default location - your Flt sim/Scenery/world/scenery folder or
wherever you place your AI traffic files - aircraft or boats.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you have all the above "ducks in a row" You will see the HMS Bounty and the Black Pearl in and around Tutuila Island, American Samoa. Local time is UTC-12.

The HMS Bounty starts and ends it's route in Pago Pago Harbor on Tutuila Island in American Samoa.
The HMS Bounty's route takes it around the island as as shown below.

The route starts at 00:00 UTC and ends at 05:10 UTC. The reverse route begins at 05:40 UTC and ends at 10:50 UTC. The HMS Bounty repeats this schedule every 12 hours.
https://i.imgur.com/8WQtPdn.jpg

The Black Pearl begins it's route just outside of the Faleasao harbor on the island of Tau, 81 miles east/southeast of Tutuila and ends in Pago Pago Harbor on Tutuila. See below.

The route starts at 00:00 UTC and ends at 07:40 UTC. (It appears the pirate crew spends four hours on shore partying in Pago Pago.) The return route begins at 11:40 UTC and ends at 19:20 UTC. The Black Pearl repeats this schedule every 24 hours.
https://i.imgur.com/XlwlbYb.jpg

jmbiii
January 10th, 2019, 21:01
Right in the middle of trying to upload the zip file, Windows10 decides to perform an update with no notice.:pop4:
Hours later I'm trying once more.

gray eagle
January 11th, 2019, 05:34
Right in the middle of trying to upload the zip file, Windows10 decides to perform an update with no notice.:pop4:

Joe,

Still grasping for logic/understanding to make the Pearl show in my AI water.

1. Does it require its own .cfg file in AI Carriers? If so, what does the contents look like?
2. Didn't see any Mdl files as I guess this is just considered addition repaints for the basic bounty.
3. I can see "the pear"l on the Menu screen - not in water. "Can't find object" (P3d V3)
4. Don't see launch boat in water either.
5. For now the basic bounty w/wo sails is all I have showing.
6. Was the pearl textures suppose to be added to the AI_Bounty textures? (I've done that)

gray eagle
January 11th, 2019, 05:40

Joe,
I will be upgrading to WIn 10 soon along with a major computer upgrade as well.
I've read a lot of folks using Win 10 have these "update interuptions" and I've came
across a program that is supposed to solve this. Haven't tried it but was recommended
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

(https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10)

aardvark62
January 11th, 2019, 10:33
"PIRATES !"...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66401&stc=1

Thanks for the AI routes.

Gary

PhantomTweak
January 11th, 2019, 10:53
1. Does it require its own .cfg file in AI Carriers? If so, what does the contents look like?
No, you can use your Sparrow.cfg, OR you can make a file just for the Pearl.

2. Didn't see any Mdl files as I guess this is just considered addition repaints for the basic bounty.
No, it uses the Bounty .mdl files. Think of the Pearl stuff as just an addon texture for a plane. It uses the original's MDL files, and has it's own Texture= folders . Just in this case, they need to be in the Bounty's Sim.cfg file, not the Aircraft.cfg files.

3. I can see "the pear"l on the Menu screen - not in water. "Can't find object" (P3d V3)
4. Don't see launch boat in water either.
Cant see the Pearl, or the launch, on the water because the AICarriers config files, like Sparrow.cfg, point to entries in the Bounty's Sim.cfg file that you haven't added yet.

6. Was the pearl textures suppose to be added to the AI_Bounty textures? (I've done that)
Yes, but just like an addon texture for an aircraft, you have to make the additions to the Bounty's Sim.cfg file, just like you would for a new texture for a plane, for the AICarriers config files, like sparrow.cfg file, to be able to add the boat into the world.

See my post #21 for an example of an entry in the Bounty's Sim.cfg file that would permit AICarriers to add the Pearl into the world. I only made one, but if you need, I can make up a complete new Sim.cfg file for the Bounty that will allow AICarriers to show the Black Pearl.

Does this help at all?
Pat☺

gray eagle
January 11th, 2019, 14:10
Finally....at last....
Thanks to Joe and Pat. :encouragement:

https://i.postimg.cc/jSqryMHg/Capture.jpg

MZee1960
January 11th, 2019, 14:19
Joe,
I will be upgrading to WIn 10 soon along with a major computer upgrade as well.
I've read a lot of folks using Win 10 have these "update interuptions" and I've came
across a program that is supposed to solve this. Haven't tried it but was recommended
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

(https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10)

Hi @grayeagle,

I have two laptops running W10, and one gaming desktop (FSX) running W7.

Two things I learned regarding W10 :
1) the software will always find a way of updating, regardless of your stated terms, and
2) never attempt to try and get ahead of the update game by clicking 'check for updates' manually, even if the comment states 'your system is up to date'.

Point (2) tells MS you wish to be a willing tester of a yet 'unproven' fresh update which they have not yet freely released to the general public because it's still in need of further testing etc. More often than not, in this scenario, you 'will' get an update - a beta update. In most cases the update will work fine, but in some cases you may wind up waiting for MS patches, or even may feel the need to revert system back to earlier time.

MZee1960
January 11th, 2019, 15:19

Hi @jmbiii,

I will download your AI Bounty package and routes soon, just after I figure out what 'driveable' motorized boat/ship to use to follow it. I don't want to use aircraft all the time.
Thinking of Deltasim freeware, Sirocco GTX2 from here : https://deltasimstudio.com/

Two questions re your Bounty routes -
1) did you have to make some sort of BGL file (or files - if both ships at same place at same time, side by side) to use as a water starting point in Pago Pago harbour ? as I am not aware of any 'water runways etc' in that Orbx scenery.
2) in trying to wrap my head around UTC time, is it possible both the Bounty and Black Pearl may be at Pago Pago harbour at same time given the schedules ?

PhantomTweak
January 11th, 2019, 22:34
Grey Eagle, I'm glad you've got it going at last :D

Now, I hope you realize that there is an absolute requirement: That you enjoy it thoroughly!

Have fun!
Pat☺

kdl
January 12th, 2019, 00:01
Now I see the Bounty in all her beauty!
- I didn't succeed to get the Black Pearl appear on screen. I followed instructions in posting #30 (copy&paste)
Put the corresponding numbers in [fltsim.x] instead of "x"

- Win10, P3Dv4.4

Dieter

aardvark62
January 12th, 2019, 02:42
I too am actually having a problem locating the Black Pearl (sim entries copied/ pasted from post 30, folders named as needed) The Bounty is showing up fine, as in my screenshot above, but no sign of the Pearl. I have tried searching along her entire route.

Gary.

Ps. Could you please possibly provide a saved flight that puts an aircraft (any aircraft) directly in her immediate vicinity as a way of checking for her appearance in the sim?

jmbiii
January 12th, 2019, 03:46
Hi @jmbiii,

I will download your AI Bounty package and routes soon, just after I figure out what 'driveable' motorized boat/ship to use to follow it. I don't want to use aircraft all the time.
Thinking of Deltasim freeware, Sirocco GTX2 from here : https://deltasimstudio.com/

1) did you have to make some sort of BGL file (or files - if both ships at same place at same time, side by side) to use as a water starting point in Pago Pago harbour ? as I am not aware of any 'water runways etc' in that Orbx scenery.
2) in trying to wrap my head around UTC time, is it possible both the Bounty and Black Pearl may be at Pago Pago harbour at same time given the schedules ?

The Deltasim Sirocco GTX2 is a very nice freeware boat to run around in !

1. The AIBTC compiler makes boat a traffic .bgl using a Google earth .kml file made by you. The three files that make up a boat traffic .bgl can be looked at and modified after you decompile with AIBTC. There are no 'water runways'.
How to make a boat traffic .bgl with AIBTC is a subject worthy of a whole other thread. They are fun to make and satisfying once you get one figured out and the boat shows up.

2. Pago Pago on Tutuila is UTC-11 hours. Saturday 00:00 UTC is Friday 13:00 . See > https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/sst. The Black Pearl may be just coming into Pago Pago harbor as the Bounty is leaving.
Best way to find one of the boats is set your time at 00:00 UTC and go to either harbor. The pictures above are the tracks the boats follow.

jmbiii
January 12th, 2019, 03:56
I too am actually having a problem locating the Black Pearl (sim entries copied/ pasted from post 30, folders named as needed) The Bounty is showing up fine, as in my screenshot above, but no sign of the Pearl. I have tried searching along her entire route.

Gary.

Ps. Could you please possibly provide a saved flight that puts an aircraft (any aircraft) directly in her immediate vicinity as a way of checking for her appearance in the sim?

Gary, see item #2 in the above post.:encouragement:

Gray Eagle, aardvark, MZee, Dieter, and Pat. thanks for sticking with this. I'll start another thread on AIBTC. Wait 'til you see all the US Coast Guard icebreakers on the Great Lakes !:biggrin-new:

aardvark62
January 12th, 2019, 04:57
Hi. tried as suggested above. Set the sim to 1.00pm local time and sure enough the Bounty was just leaving Pago Pago Harbour. But still absolutely no sign of the Pearl. Anywhere!

I have the NavMap (lite) utility that displays AI shipping on the map - checked every blip on or near the Pearl's route (again) but none of them turned out to be this very elusive ship.

Is the sim entry (title=AI_Black_Pearl) definitely as it should be?

Gary.

MZee1960
January 12th, 2019, 12:20
Thank-you for the clarification of the AI routing, @jmbiii. I will experiment with the times once all is installed at my end.

Now that I have the Sirocco GTX2 on board, I can start to concentrate on the AI Bounty. This freeware by Deltasim is probably the nicest model I've come across and is perfect to follow the AI craft. I only had to do a couple of things after install to improve performance and speed (patch is provided by Deltasim on their site).... After all, there's no point of having these beautiful AI models if you have no way to follow them, right ?

Here she is waiting for the AI Bounty and Black Pearl to show up at Pago Pago harbour :

https://i.imgur.com/dry6gLN.jpg

jmbiii
January 12th, 2019, 12:53
Hi. tried as suggested above. Set the sim to 1.00pm local time and sure enough the Bounty was just leaving Pago Pago Harbour. But still absolutely no sign of the Pearl. Anywhere!

I have the NavMap (lite) utility that displays AI shipping on the map - checked every blip on or near the Pearl's route (again) but none of them turned out to be this very elusive ship.

Is the sim entry (title=AI_Black_Pearl) definitely as it should be?

Gary.

Gary, Just got home from work. Here's the three files that were used to generate the Pago2 traffic file for the Pearl. If you have AIBTC they will generate the Pago2 traffic file. You can look at the .kml file with Google Earth see where the pearl goes.
If you have the above AICarrier file from above and it is working, then this AI boat file uses the very same model and the Pearl is somewhere on it's route around American Samoa.
It is easy to miss any boat in FSX or P3D if you're at any altitude. The Black Pearl is hard to spot . . pirates like it that way . . . the ship is smaller than most AI ships you may find in FSX/P3D. And it's black.
If you don't see the Pearl at Faleasao harbor at 00:00 UTC then check your AI HMSBounty folder and make sure you have the Pearl paint installed and in the sim.cfg properly.

Ganter
January 12th, 2019, 12:53
Now I see the Bounty in all her beauty!
- I didn't succeed to get the Black Pearl appear on screen. I followed instructions in posting #30 (copy&paste)
Put the corresponding numbers in [fltsim.x] instead of "x"

- Win10, P3Dv4.4

Dieter

OOOHARGHHH, Me Shipmate.

How did 'e get the Bounty to sail in P3d V4.

A Purse of gold coins if 'e let on with the secrets.

(And so on and so forth...)

MrZippy
January 12th, 2019, 14:00
OOOHARGHHH, Me Shipmate.

How did 'e get the Bounty to sail in P3d V4.

A Purse of gold coins if 'e let on with the secrets.

(And so on and so forth...)

Arrrrh! 'ave ye got patches over both eyes, Matey? I copied this from the download info:

P3DV4 Users: 64-bit code included - See Installation for a quick copy paste setup.

jmbiii
January 12th, 2019, 15:27
Arggh Master Zip,

With that purse of gold coins ye've snookered, ye should visit the Deltasim shipyards and barter for a nice new boat wot don't need no sails. :pirate::biggrin-new:
They got some fancy gray metal boats wot would make an old time pirate smile with pleasure.

https://i.imgur.com/ic3e45o.jpg
Picture taken off the north shore of Tutuila @ 6:13PM local (19:13 UTC)

aardvark62
January 12th, 2019, 15:50
Thanks for getting back to me. This is all a bit of a mystery. I don't use AI Carriers or AIBTC, just relying on pre-made traffic files. I do use FSTramp Free (not NavMap - my mistake) that displays all AI shipping in my area. This allows me to locate even the tiniest of AI vessels (see screenshot):

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66431&stc=1

and is how I easily found the Bounty. But for the life of me, I still can't find the Pearl! It is just not showing as an AI vessel, and I've searched the entire length of the Black Pearl route. I have checked, double checked and checked again my sim entries and folder names and everything seems to be as it should.
Not something to lose sleep over, just a mystery - but thanks for trying.

Regards, Gary.

jmbiii
January 12th, 2019, 18:08
Thanks for getting back to me. This is all a bit of a mystery. I don't use AI Carriers or AIBTC, just relying on pre-made traffic files. I do use FSTramp Free (not NavMap - my mistake) that displays all AI shipping in my area. This allows me to locate even the tiniest of AI vessels (see screenshot):

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66431&stc=1

and is how I easily found the Bounty. But for the life of me, I still can't find the Pearl! It is just not showing as an AI vessel, and I've searched the entire length of the Black Pearl route. I have checked, double checked and checked again my sim entries and folder names and everything seems to be as it should.
Not something to lose sleep over, just a mystery - but thanks for trying.

Regards, Gary.

Ah matey,

'tis indeed something to ponder. (I've 'ad my portion of rum this evening, p'haps a wee too much)

I waited in Pago Pago harbor and the Black Pearl arrived and anchored around 7:50 pm local time ('twas very dark)

'ere's the contents of me AI HMSBounty folder sim.cfg file :

[fltsim.0]
model=static
texture=

[fltsim.1]
title=HMS Bounty AI
model=sails
texture=

[fltsim.2]
title=AI_Black_Pearl
model=sails
texture=black_pearl

[fltsim.3]
title=AI_Black_Pearl_anchored
model=static
texture=black_pearl

[General]
category=Boat

[contact_points]
static_pitch=0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height=6.0 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
max_speed_mph = 15
acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
deceleration_constants = 2.0, 0.5 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
SternPosition = 0

[EFFECTS]
wake = fx_wake_m
water = fx_spray-fake

And attached is the AI traffic file once more. Perhaps a gremlin has corrupted the one of yours ? The Pago 2 traffic file is the Black Pearl.

jmbiii
January 12th, 2019, 18:24
By the way, has any one been below decks and been in the captain's cabin of the pilotable Black Pearl?

Look around and you may spy Captain Jack Sparrow's secret.

aardvark62
January 13th, 2019, 03:39
Thanks again jmbiii, but I think it's time to give up on this one!

Tried the newer Pearl traffic bgl (which claimed to be identical - so I guess my original was fine)

Added the AI_Black_Pearl_anchored entry to my sim.cfg (the only one not present)

Turned AI shipping density up to 100% (normally have it at around 20%)

Started flights at 1.00pm, 7.50pm, 6.50pm, 6.00pm ... (you get the idea...!)

And still absolutely no sign of the Black Pearl. Anywhere.

The Bounty is exactly where she should be each time.

And I know the Pearl's textures are fine because she will show when I temporarily replace her as the Bounty.

And we're a long way from the Bermuda Triangle!

Thanks again for trying. Most odd.

Gary.

kdl
January 13th, 2019, 03:41
Well, I'm afraid to report that I still have the problem to see the Black Pearl at any time (using Little NavMap).

- I copied the Black Pear(BP) textures in the (Bounty) texture folder. The BP appears instead of the Bounty, so the textures don't cause the problem.
I compared the 2 trafffic files by decompiling them. I don't see any typo or other error.
This is some kind of fishy.
Thanks for all your efforts!

Greetings
Dieter

jmbiii
January 13th, 2019, 05:58
Okay, boys, I'm not about to give up on you.
Attached are two boat traffic files - Pearl Test and Pago Test.

1. Change the name of the present traffic_Pago1.bgl to traffic_Pago1.bgl.OFF. (Important - must be done)

2. Place the two test files traffic_Pago_Test.bgl and traffic_Pearl_Test.bgl into your traffic folder.

3. Start your flight simulator - FSX or P3D.

4. Locate yourself either in Pago Pago harbor or just outside.

5. Set your time to 00:00:00 UTC

6. You should see the Bounty and the Black Pearl leaving the harbor side by side, and another Black Pearl at the mouth of the harbor.

https://i.imgur.com/Cg9e7Ss.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jWi8iEX.jpg

Routes

https://i.imgur.com/yYAb5mD.jpg

aardvark62
January 13th, 2019, 06:25
Okay, that gives me everything you are also seeing:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66448&stc=1

(that's with the traffic_Pago2.bgl still in place, correct?)

Looking more hopeful!

Gary

kdl
January 13th, 2019, 06:39
I confirm to see the 3 ships positioned as decribed in your posting #55, but
this time the Black Pearl is just black, not textured.
Hopefully I got the correct Pearl textures.

jmbiii
January 13th, 2019, 06:54
Aardvark - Yep, I haven't done any thing with the Pago 2 file. If you slew over to Ofu and Tau you may find the Pearl over there also.

kdl - there's obviously a problem with your textures. You may have to download them again, but first make sure the textures are named the same in the AIBounty file.
the texture folder should be texture.black_pearl

and in the sim.cfg it should read
[fltsim.2]
title=AI_Black_Pearl
model=sails
texture=black_pearl

kdl
January 13th, 2019, 06:59
Sorry, It's all ok now like shown in posting #55!

Dieter

aardvark62
January 13th, 2019, 07:25
If you slew over to Ofu and Tau you may find the Pearl over there also.

Nah, no sign of her anywhere else.

Gary

jmbiii
January 13th, 2019, 07:40
Nah, no sign of her anywhere else.

Gary

Delete your Pago2 traffic file and try this one. Yours is obviously nackered (is that proper to say ?):wink-new:

kdl
January 13th, 2019, 08:13
I tried this traffic file and I see the BP leaving Faleasao harbor.
UTC 00:00

Dieter

aardvark62
January 13th, 2019, 08:29
Well, well, well! I too now have a Black Pearl leaving Faleasao:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=66453&stc=1

And Yes! - I guess it was indeed a knackered (with a 'k') .bgl!

So is it now just a case of removing the test .bgls and reactivating traffic_Pago1.bgl ?

Gary

speedy70
January 13th, 2019, 09:00
Well I now have the two Black pearls working ok but no HMS Bounty.

Where did you get the AI bounty in the boats file,because I think maybe mine is the FS9 version.I cant find an FSX AI bounty file.

Cheers Chris

aardvark62
January 13th, 2019, 09:08
Hi Chris - I'm pretty sure the AI model came as part of Milton's newest FSX Bounty conversion package.

I also had an older one that I think came as part of Hendrick's AI boat package, but I've merged that one with the newer - you'll need to make sure ALL the necessary entries are copied to the newer sim.cfg and the texture folders are named as called for by the sim.cfg.

Gary

Milton Shupe
January 13th, 2019, 09:38
Hi @jmbiii,

There are water ways in the sim, many of them. In the Bounty release, I included some scenic ones.
Here is the list:

Here are some nice Water Ports to Launch From:

W33 Friday Harbor WA
W39 Roche Harbor WA
W49 Rosario WA
WA81 Fishermans Bay / Lps WA
WA83 Westsound/Wsx WA
WN19 Gig Harbor WA
16K Port Alice AK
19P Port Protection AK
2Y3 Yakutat AK (Beautiful mountain range)
2Z1 Entrance Island AK (SE of Juneau - good sailing scenery)
2Z6 False Island AK (South of Sister's Island and Juneau)
3Z9 Haines AK (Nice to sail to Skagway or Juneau from here)
5Z1 Juneau Harbor AK
7K2 Skagway AK
5KE Ketchikan Harbor AK
6MA9 Cuttyhunk Harbor MA
M06 Havre De Grace MD (upper Chesapeake Bay-to Baltimore Harbor or Norfolk)
61FD Chalk's Key West FL (Good launch for the keys or Caribbean)
FL26 Kitching Cove FL
X44 Miami FL
L11 Pebbly Beach CA (Catalina Island)
Q87 Lost Isle CA (Navigate this river to SanFran Bay)

RE: UTC: Just Search UTC Time Zones for help:
Here is one site: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

jmbiii
January 13th, 2019, 09:49
Good Lord ! I'm glad everybody (well almost) has things working. Yep, you can discard or keep the two test files.

I don't believe I've seen a texture file produce such a long thread.

Now slip down to the captain's cabin.

https://i.imgur.com/LegNUpY.jpg

Step over to the bookcase.

https://i.imgur.com/fkfJuxZ.jpg

:pirate::encouragement:

MZee1960
January 13th, 2019, 14:13
Good Lord ! I'm glad everybody (well almost) has things working. Yep, you can discard or keep the two test files.

I don't believe I've seen a texture file produce such a long thread.

Oh boy ! I am hoping for 'smoother sailing' when I put my AI Bounty and Black Pearl in sim (in a couple days), lol ! :encouragement:

I am beginning to like all the traffic and three variants of this ship would definitely not be a crowd (as shown in post #56)... Long live Black Pearl, Bounty, Endeavor, the Beagle, and Bethia in American Samoa !

MZee1960
January 13th, 2019, 15:28
There are water ways in the sim, many of them. In the Bounty release, I included some scenic ones.
Here is the list:

Here are some nice Water Ports to Launch From:

W33 Friday Harbor WA
W39 Roche Harbor WA
W49 Rosario WA
WA81 Fishermans Bay / Lps WA
WA83 Westsound/Wsx WA
WN19 Gig Harbor WA
16K Port Alice AK
19P Port Protection AK
2Y3 Yakutat AK (Beautiful mountain range)
2Z1 Entrance Island AK (SE of Juneau - good sailing scenery)
2Z6 False Island AK (South of Sister's Island and Juneau)
3Z9 Haines AK (Nice to sail to Skagway or Juneau from here)
5Z1 Juneau Harbor AK
7K2 Skagway AK
5KE Ketchikan Harbor AK
6MA9 Cuttyhunk Harbor MA
M06 Havre De Grace MD (upper Chesapeake Bay-to Baltimore Harbor or Norfolk)
61FD Chalk's Key West FL (Good launch for the keys or Caribbean)
FL26 Kitching Cove FL
X44 Miami FL
L11 Pebbly Beach CA (Catalina Island)
Q87 Lost Isle CA (Navigate this river to SanFran Bay)

RE: UTC: Just Search UTC Time Zones for help:
Here is one site: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

Thank-you, very much for this info, Milton.
I will keep a copy of these water ports on hand for future reference. To start with, I think I will launch from 6MA9 and sail around Martha's Vineyard and down towards Nantucket. Eventually I will visit the rest for sure. :jump:

aardvark62
January 14th, 2019, 09:07
Just a 'Thank You' jmbiii for sticking with it to sort the traffic files!

Cheers, Gary (one happy pirate spotter)

(Ps. Now, if only there were some similar routes for, say, the Caribbean...)

PhantomTweak
January 14th, 2019, 10:42
(Ps. Now, if only there were some similar routes for, say, the Caribbean...)
Just as a random example? :biggrin-new:

Step over to the bookcase.

https://i.imgur.com/fkfJuxZ.jpg

For the life of me, I can't see what I should be looking for. Fantastic GFX in the bookcase, the books look great, the objects clear as a bell. But what are you trying to indicate? How do any of these items relate to CAPT. Jack Sparrow? The hat? Pistol? Effervescent Brain Salts?
Maybe I'm just being dense, here, which isn't at all unusual, but you piqued my curiosity...:indecisiveness:

Pat☺

aardvark62
January 14th, 2019, 11:01
"Just as a random example? :biggrin-new:"

...err..., ..yeah. ..maybe (!)

"For the life of me, I can't see what I should be looking for..."

Perhaps the GPS unit hiding behind the lantern?

Gary :)

jmbiii
January 14th, 2019, 11:59
And the laptop, used to pull up https://www.myshiptracking.com/. Very handy items for a pirate.:adoration: :encouragement:

MZee1960
January 15th, 2019, 12:54
And the laptop, used to pull up https://www.myshiptracking.com/. Very handy items for a pirate.:adoration: :encouragement:

Hi @jmbiii,

Looking at your AI sim.cfg files in posts #30 and #51, does this mean that the one in post #51 will somehow also allow you to see the static/anchored ship versions of Bounty and Black Pearl somehow, somewhere, because of the [fltsim.0] and [fltsim.3] entries found there ?

jmbiii
January 15th, 2019, 17:10
No. I don't believe so. Only in the pilotalble Bounty(Black Pearl) can you go below decks or go up in the rigging.:sorrow:

PhantomTweak
January 15th, 2019, 22:36
I told you I was being dense...:dizzy:

Either that, or I was looking out my left eye. It doesn't work at all. That would explain it. I'll stick to that! :pirate:
I GOTTA remember never to wear the patch over the RIGHT eye! Only on the LEFT from now on!
:indecisiveness:

Have fun, all!
Arrrrrgh!
Pat☺

MZee1960
January 16th, 2019, 14:49
Hi @jmbiii,

Looking at your AI sim.cfg files in posts #30 and #51, does this mean that the one in post #51 will somehow also allow you to see the static/anchored ship versions of Bounty and Black Pearl somehow, somewhere, because of the [fltsim.0] and [fltsim.3] entries found there ?

So, I assume then, that the static/anchored versions of the ship(s) are the ones which are displayed when the ship has ended it's course and awaiting the correct time to start the next leg back. It kind of makes sense.

jmbiii
January 16th, 2019, 15:42
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. The sim.config entries in post 51 would be used for AICarriers.
If you used the title from (fltsim.3) you would see the Pearl without the sails. It wouldn't be very
realistic to use as once you command the formation to go (1. forward) the Pearl would move forward without the sails.
Likewise if you wanted the Pearl to appear as being anchored you wouldn't use (fltsim.2) title as the sails would be up.

Now for the Pearl in the traffic file, it uses the Pearl with the sails up and when it stops at the end of the route the sails
remain up. Having the sails up or down whether it was moving or stopped would have to be built into the model. And
I don't believe the Boat AI programming is able to do anything other than make a boat just follow a set course.

With motor vessels it doesn't matter - they look the same moving or anchored. The real expert on that would be Henrik Nielsen.
His AI boat packages are tops !

rcbarend
January 16th, 2019, 20:24
. And I don't believe the Boat AI programming is able to do anything other than make a boat just follow a set course.

Very Correct !

What people seem to forget (or don't realise) is, that the Bounty visual model was never designed as an AI-boat.
It was designed as a user-pilotable ship, where all animations (like sails configuration, masts angles, anchor position, and alike) are controlled by gauges defined in it's panel.cfg.
Which aren't loaded/active when the ship is spawned as an AI-object.

I'm not a visual modeller myself (I just made the animation control gauges), and I'm sure Milton will correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know of modelling it would be quite possible to make a new, single, dedicated visual model of the Bounty that would look better when applied as an AI-ship.
"Better" meaning:
- When the ship is moving as AI, the anchor is visually raised. And visually lowered when not moving.
- All sails are deployed when actually underway as AI, and stowed when not moving as AI yet ("parked"/"sleeping").
- Or even more better: sail deployment and masts angles are dependent on actual windspeed and winddirection when in motion as AI.

Simply said: it would "just" be shifting/revising a lot of the (though simplified) animation control code from the control gauges into the visual model code itself.

But again, it would mean creating a dedicated visual model of the Bounty, as AI-boat model.
Just saying that IMO it's doable, but I can't speak for Milton if he wants to invests time in that.
Milton ….. another challenge …..LoL ?? (I'm willing to help, if needed)

Cheers, Rob

jmbiii
January 17th, 2019, 06:36
Thanks for the info, Rob. I sort of figured that it may be possible. After all some of Henrik's ships have rotating radars and AI aircraft have many moving parts.
Now whether the AI Boat Traffic Engine can make use of speed or time based animations would be another story.
(no, Milton, I'm not asking for a new AI Bounty :smile-new:)

And for anyone who's interested or asked, here's a zip with two traffic routes in the Bahamas for the HMS Bounty and the Black Pearl.

Bounty
https://i.imgur.com/zRD3pzr.jpg

Black Pearl
https://i.imgur.com/p1rSpDw.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Plus one additional: HMS Victory - Lord Nelson's 104 gun flagship.https://i.imgur.com/qWXgjto.jpg

Just unzip the traffic files and place in your traffic folder.
You already have the HMS Bounty and Black Pearl.
You may or may not already have the HMS Victory. If not, should you want it - https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=188773

(https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=188773)

kdl
January 17th, 2019, 14:12
Hi jmbiii,
well done!
Could you please give us starting points and starting times (UTC) again for these 3 sailing routes?

Greetings
Dieter

jmbiii
January 17th, 2019, 16:39
HMS Bounty
Departs - Freeport Monday 1410 Local/1910 UTC
Arrives - Bimini Tuesday 0949 Local/1449 UTC
Departs - Bimini Thursday 0725 Local/1225 UTC
Arrives - Freeport Friday 0305 Local/0805 UTC

Black Pearl
Departs - Cockburn Town Monday 1410 Local/1910 UTC
Arrives - Clarence Town Tuesday 0807 Local/1307 UTC
Departs - Clarence Town Thursday 0725 Local/1225 UTC
Arrives - Cockburn Town Friday0122 Local/0622 UTC

HMS Victory
Departs - San Salvadore Monday 1410 Local/1910 UTC
Arrives - Nassau Tuesday 1040 Local/1540 UTC
Departs - Nassau Thursday 0725 Local/1225 UTC
Arrives - San Salvadore Friday 0356 Local/0856 UTC

kdl
January 18th, 2019, 00:31
Thank you for publishing the schedule!

Dieter

kdl
January 18th, 2019, 01:31
Just did some checks, I saw all ships at given times/places.
The only thing I wonder is: I see the "AI_HMS Victory" but a wake isn't visible.
The required wake = fx_wake_ss is available. It doesn't change if I use the Bounty wakes (Bounty and Black Pearl do show wakes)
Any ideas anybody?

Dieter

aardvark62
January 18th, 2019, 05:17
"More Bounty and Black Pearl AI Traffic Files - Plus"

Oh Goody!...more pirate hunting!

Thank you,

Gary

jmbiii
January 18th, 2019, 05:26
Just did some checks, I saw all ships at given times/places.
The only thing I wonder is: I see the "AI_HMS Victory" but a wake isn't visible.
The required wake = fx_wake_ss is available. It doesn't change if I use the Bounty wakes (Bounty and Black Pearl do show wakes)
Any ideas anybody?

Dieter

Dieter,

Try this: In sim.cfg change: wake = fx_wake_ss to wake = fx_wake_m, and SternPosition = -10

Note: I am using P3Dv3.4 w/ Win10

kdl
January 18th, 2019, 08:58
Yes, there she is in all her beauty.
Tanks for your advice. Now running well in P3Dv4.4

Dieter

MZee1960
January 18th, 2019, 13:57
I picked up Orbx's (iBlueyonder) KACK Nantucket, KBID Block Island, 2B2 Plum Island, and 6B6 Minuteman Airstrip over the holidays and I am just about to install these beauties today. Saw various videos on this scenery and was just astounded by all the detail that went into them. Only one thing was amiss, and that was the absence of the region's trademark tall ships. My wish would be to have an AI route for the Bounty or Pearl simply circling Block Island and Nantucket to complete this picture. I am not sure how much work is involved in AI route design, but perhaps if one of the talented folks here in this thread can chime in on this further, it would be very much appreciated.

As an example, please take a peek at this wonderful video by JD to appreciate the close-up beauty of the region :

https://youtu.be/mSyF4xER0qI

xpelekis
January 19th, 2019, 00:28
About Nantucket (home of whale hunters) and Boat traffic files, here's an idea :
Apart of boats, what about some whales traffic around the island ?... User could
sail with Bounty from Nantucket harbor, searching for whales north & east of the island...

There are 2 native whales simobjects in FSX that are "boat" simobjects with animations
(in "Animals" simobjects folder).

MZee1960
September 25th, 2019, 16:08
Are there any HMS Bounty or Black Pearl AI traffic files available for the Nantucket - Block Island (I-BlueYonder/Orbx) scenery packs ? This is a nice area to sail tall ships.

Milton Shupe
September 27th, 2019, 08:26
I would be happy to do the improved HMS Bounty AI models as Rob suggested.

We will likely do AI versions of HMS Victory as well once he frees up from his current project.

LouP
September 27th, 2019, 15:07
Thank you everyone :-)

LouP

jmbiii
September 29th, 2019, 13:13
Saw my old thread revived. Sailing between Nantucket and Block Island I found ...............
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71664&stc=1

If you have Milton's original AI Bounty, here's a ship traffic file for you to find these two also. If you don't have the AI HMS Victory
just search for it on flightsim.

MZee1960
January 9th, 2020, 13:35
Thank-you, for these Nantucket - Block Island routes, @jmbiii.

I just downloaded, Orbx's Catalina Island scenery, and found a 'Two Harbours - Avalon' route by @familton (link below) which will come in handy here as well.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/94239-Five-HMS-Bounty-AI-Traffic-Files-zip?p=956703&viewfull=1#post956703

One can never have too many tropical AI routes in the middle of winter, lol !

MZee1960
February 21st, 2020, 18:58
I had downloaded the AI Bounty in two versions :
1) older version with AI files from here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ffic-Files-zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/94239-Five-HMS-Bounty-AI-Traffic-Files-zip)
2) new version with HMS Victory from here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...X-Native-Ships (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/117429-AI-HMS-Bounty-and-HMS-Victory-FSX-Native-Ships)

Only the original older version 1) from above works with the 5 AI traffic files included in 1) which I'm using to run it. I cannot get the newer version in 2) to show in sim with these same traffic files.
Is there much difference between the two AI Bounty's ? The newer one in 2) above is advertised as having sails showing when under way, and stowed when anchored.
The older one in 1) above has sails showing all the time - sailing and anchored. That's all I could find so far.

Also, I'm using the Traffic File found in 1) for Orbx's Catalina Island scenery and finding that when the AI Bounty departs (or arrives at) Avalon, it runs 'through' one of the stationary ships there. Anyone else have this, or knows of a fix ? It's no big deal but takes away from the immersion somewhat. I realize the traffic file 'traffic_HMS_Bounty.bgl' found in 1) above for Catalina Island was put out before Orbx's scenery was, but maybe there is a way to fix the traffic file ? I'm not an AI Traffic expert so don't know anything about this.

Thank-you,in advance, for any help and feedback
MZ.

MZee1960
February 22nd, 2020, 17:50
The issue with the "new Bounty and Victory" AI models not showing up had to do with AI Carriers. These files are designed to run with AI Carriers program. For FSX users not running AI Carriers, Milton kindly uploaded 'revised' files in the thread linked here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...26-HMS-Victory (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/116826-HMS-Victory) (see posts #121 onwards in the thread).

The issue with the AI HMS Bounty sailing through a parked ship when approaching and departing Avalon in Orbx's Catalina Island scenery remains. It's a minor thing, but takes away from the immersion somewhat.