PDA

View Full Version : Please explain X Plane

expat
December 25th, 2018, 00:20
I am generally pretty thrilled with P3D 64 bit particularly with the recent additions of Active Sky and Tomatoshade.

Never have really seen anyone here extol the virtues of X plane. Can someone say why it is so good and better than FSX or P3D? Am always open minded to trying a new sim!

stiz
December 25th, 2018, 01:05
its neither better nor worse these days, just different, its all personall opinion and what matters to you.

Its also free to try

https://www.x-plane.com/

jeansy
December 25th, 2018, 01:35
the question is better asked here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php/64-X-Plane

Montie
December 25th, 2018, 02:45
How about we stop posting X-Plane topics in the P3D forums..

Navy Chief
December 25th, 2018, 04:04
My position is, Brand X-plane could be the King of Flight Simulation software, and it makes no difference to me, because I cannot afford to buy add-ons for yet ANOTHER simulation. Just can't do it. NC

rvn817j
December 25th, 2018, 04:11
How about we stop posting X-Plane topics in the P3D forums..

+1...I agree. (For some reason I need to use 10 characters to get my message to post. I have now met the requirement, but "+1" was all I really wanted to communicate.)

Daube
December 25th, 2018, 04:15
The thing is, if somebody who uses FSX or P3D wants some opinion about XPlane, he is probably more interested in the opinions of FSX/P3D'ers.
I do not see any problems in asking questions about XPlane in the FSX or P3D forums.

b52bob
December 25th, 2018, 06:56
I am generally pretty thrilled with P3D 64 bit particularly with the recent additions of Active Sky and Tomatoshade.

Never have really seen anyone here extol the virtues of X plane. Can someone say why it is so good and better than FSX or P3D? Am always open minded to trying a new sim!
Check the x-plane section and review the posts from those that have begun to use it. Check the screenshots to see what it looks like. Download the demo.

there is an active x-plane section here at soh and there is no reason for x-plane topics to be in P3D. I use both and I check both daily.

my 4 cents worth. Bob

wombat666
December 25th, 2018, 07:16
The thing is, if somebody who uses FSX or P3D wants some opinion about XPlane, he is probably more interested in the opinions of FSX/P3D'ers.
I do not see any problems in asking questions about XPlane in the FSX or P3D forums.

Very true, depending on the various observations for or against posted in this forum the OP can then go to the X-Plane forum for more in depth investigation.
It costs nothing to be helpful........:encouragement: