PDA

View Full Version : News from Milviz

dhazelgrove
December 22nd, 2018, 10:55
From Milviz:

"11 December 2018
All our aircraft that were compatible with P3D v4.3, are now compatible with P3D v4.4 with the exceptions of the F-4E and F-4J/S base models.
The F-4 E and F-4 J/S base models will not be updated for v4.4. However, discounted TP+ADV packages will be made available over the next few days that will allow your F-4 to work under v4.4 and subsequent iterations of P3D v4.
Please note that plugins that do not yet support V4.4 will cause our aircraft to crash to the desktop.
REX WX: For some craft you may disable the wx via the MVAMS, in others you may have to disable the wx via the P3D dll.xml (more information via the support forum).
For Tacpack, please set TP to 'ask' before launching rather than letting it automatically run."

I wonder if this means there are new models coming.

Dave

Navy Chief
December 22nd, 2018, 12:08
From Milviz:

"11 December 2018
All our aircraft that were compatible with P3D v4.3, are now compatible with P3D v4.4 with the exceptions of the F-4E and F-4J/S base models.
The F-4 E and F-4 J/S base models will not be updated for v4.4. However, discounted TP+ADV packages will be made available over the next few days that will allow your F-4 to work under v4.4 and subsequent iterations of P3D v4.
Please note that plugins that do not yet support V4.4 will cause our aircraft to crash to the desktop.
REX WX: For some craft you may disable the wx via the MVAMS, in others you may have to disable the wx via the P3D dll.xml (more information via the support forum).
For Tacpack, please set TP to 'ask' before launching rather than letting it automatically run."

Dave

I was hoping their WX Weather would be updated for P3DV4.4 today, but did not happen; most likely because of the holidays. No problem. It will be released when ready! Bad part was I bought it the day 4.4 was released, and I didn't find out it wasn't compatible until I tried to use it! NC

Navy Chief
December 22nd, 2018, 12:39
From Milviz:

"11 December 2018

Dave

So far, I have NOT been able to get Milviz F-4 ADV to work in V4.4, although according to Milviz forums, as I read the posts, it SHOULD be working. It CTDs every time I select it, within a few seconds. I have uninstalled FSUIPC, thinking it might be causing the problem, but nope. NC

pbearsailor
December 22nd, 2018, 13:12
I was hoping their WX Weather would be updated for P3DV4.4 today, but did not happen; most likely because of the holidays. No problem. It will be released when ready! Bad part was I bought it the day 4.4 was released, and I didn't find out it wasn't compatible until I tried to use it! NC

REX has updated the Milviz/REX radar and it now works fine in 4.4.

jeansy
December 22nd, 2018, 14:14
REX has updated the Milviz/REX radar and it now works fine in 4.4.

Yep rex made a post several days ago

RobM
December 22nd, 2018, 19:04
So far, I have NOT been able to get Milviz F-4 ADV to work in V4.4, although according to Milviz forums, as I read the posts, it SHOULD be working. It CTDs every time I select it, within a few seconds. I have uninstalled FSUIPC, thinking it might be causing the problem, but nope. NC

I have the J/S ADV. It didn't work at first in 4.4 (CTD just like yours), but after I uninstalled/re-installed both the Base and ADV modules,
it worked ok.

- Rob

jeansy
December 22nd, 2018, 21:46
I have the J/S ADV. It didn't work at first in 4.4 (CTD just like yours), but after I uninstalled/re-installed both the Base and ADV modules,
it worked ok.

- Rob

That is correct you need to uninstall the aircraft and then install the lastest version

dhazelgrove
January 3rd, 2019, 23:36
Milviz has just released an update to their F-4E package (ADV and TacPack) which will allow operation in P3Dv4.4/5 (??).

They're charging US$10 for this.

Dave