PDA

View Full Version : X-Plane 11 Workshop - Pilot2ATC

txnetcop
December 17th, 2018, 19:29
All I can tell you is that the video is LONG but this is a very good program-If you buy it READ THE MANUAL and you won't care if X-Plane does anything with ATC!

X-Plane Workshop - Pilot2ATChttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pikF-0fOlk

Enjoy,
Ted

falcon409
December 17th, 2018, 20:37
I saw your reference to it in the other thread Ted. Honestly after just paying $60 for X-Plane, I'll probably not be buying this, even if it is a great program. . . .I can't justify that amount for GA flying. . .yea, I know. . ."Then why bitch about the ATC"? lol
It's mostly a case of being irritated that a Sim that has so much good going for it would fall so flat in the one area that virtually every aircraft relies on in one form or another. Also, because after so many years with the poor ATC in FSX and P3D, I find myself wishing I had that system in X-Plane, lol. . .as bad as it is it would be light years ahead of XP.

txnetcop
December 18th, 2018, 03:31
I had that same feeling fortunately for me I was given the program and it costs me nothing. Like you I live on a pension and SS so I really can't afford spending much on this hobby now. I will say that the program is everything it advertises to be. The learning curve is tough but well worth it.
Ted

Bjoern
December 18th, 2018, 12:09
It's mostly a case of being irritated that a Sim that has so much good going for it would fall so flat in the one area that virtually every aircraft relies on in one form or another. Also, because after so many years with the poor ATC in FSX and P3D, I find myself wishing I had that system in X-Plane, lol. . .as bad as it is it would be light years ahead of XP.

Draw a design spec sheet for an ATC system that is as detailed as possible and then think about how you would program it and make it run with as little use of resources as possible and maximum flexibility to support as many situations and user configurations as possible as you'll realize that the ATC system in MSFS is - despite its perceived shortcomings - nothing short of a stroke of genius.

There's a reason why ATC is staffed by humans and it's flexibility, which just can't be emulated by AIs (yet).

txnetcop
December 18th, 2018, 17:25
Draw a design spec sheet for an ATC system that is as detailed as possible and then think about how you would program it and make it run with as little use of resources as possible and maximum flexibility to support as many situations and user configurations as possible as you'll realize that the ATC system in MSFS is - despite its perceived shortcomings - nothing short of a stroke of genius.

There's a reason why ATC is staffed by humans and it's flexibility, which just can't be emulated by AIs (yet).

Truth...there are still many things AI is not capable of yet but the shortcomings in this program are kept to a minimum.